What's up with the user icon in the notifications pull-down?

erok12

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Can someone explain the purpose of the blue head and shoulders icon that appears at the top of my phone when it is locked and on the pull-down menu for quick settings? On my wife's N5, this icon allows you to switch between user accounts on the phone. Originally, tapping this on my Moto G showed a Contacts entry of my own contact info. I've since deleted that contact, and now when I tap the icon, the phone tells me "The contact doesn't exist."

Ideally, I'd like to prevent this icon from showing up, as I have no intention of using more than one account. As a consolation prize, I'd settle for knowing what is the purpose of a quick-access icon that shows you your own contact information?

Screenshot_2015-08-05-18-50-46.png

Draco 10

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Did someone call ?
Can never remember me own number when asked for it.:D
Something i could never find on any previously owned phones. Great to have it to hand.

lumpynose

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Did someone call ?
Can never remember me own number when asked for it.:D
Something i could never find on any previously owned phones. Great to have it to hand.
That's a good point; I just got a new sim card and can't remember the phone number for the life of me.

TelecasterM

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
IT's for multiple users, tap the icon. You can activate guest mode for that nosy coworker who needs to make a call or your kids who don't need to see your bank account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta