5.1 update isn't comming

MrDoreth

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
hi
I'm using the Moto G XT1032 as replacement phone for my primary phone.
I wanted to update it to the latest version 5.1 lollipop if I'm correct. But I'm stuck on the 5.0.2 I search for new updates and it says I already have the lastest version.

Any help on having the latest version?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You might have to consider flashing it manually. XDA's website might have the files available for download. You would then need to flash them using ADB (Android Debug Bridge).

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
From what I've seen, 5.1 is currently being rolled out in Brazil, India and (maybe) Mexico. Other areas may well follow, but don't hold your breath. The 5.0.2 update took over half a year to roll out, and a couple of areas still don't have it.

Last edited:

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I've seen a report that 5.1 has been sighted in Chile, and someone posted a picture of a Moto G 5.1 update in Dutch, but the actual firmware version wasn't visible.

What is absolutely clear now is that the 1st gen Moto G isn't going to get Marshmallow. That's from the official Motorola blog from a couple of days ago. I suspect Motorola's software development resources will now be focused on Marshmallow and on later devices, so I'm not expecting any more updates. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, but I think my device (UK retail) will remain on 5.0.2.

blackveils

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
i got notified about the update a week or two ago, i'm in the UK. when i was ready to do it, there was no update avilable anymore. weird

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Someone else in the UK (on the Tesco network) said in a different forum they'd got an update notification but when they tried to download it it had disappeared. Very odd. However, it's perhaps an indication that an update will come eventually. I'm still not getting my hopes up, though.

Gw0lgn

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I updated my friends 2013 moto g tonight, his phone is a Vodafone uk branded handset and it updated to 5.1. My wifes carrier free moto g has yet to get the 5.1 update and is still on 5.02

Posted via the Android Central App

MrDoreth

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the replies.
So some of you already got it and thats a good thing.
My BB Z10 will be soon back and the Moto G will be placed in my drawer again.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
OK, I was too pessimistic in my last post above. My XT1032 (UK, retail) got its 5.1 update today. Looks successful so far. Now I have to find the post that tells me how to wipe the cache partition. I remember it was a bit tricky last time I tried it.

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
OK, I was too pessimistic in my last post above. My XT1032 (UK, retail) got its 5.1 update today. Looks successful so far. Now I have to find the post that tells me how to wipe the cache partition. I remember it was a bit tricky last time I tried it.

1. With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.
You will see the word "Start" with an arrow around it.

2. Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight "Recovery mode"

3. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark and the words "No command."

4. While holding down the Power button, press the Volume Up button.

5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition " and press the Power button to select it.

6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks. I managed it shortly after I posted, after looking at this page:

How to clear cache partition on Moto G and Moto X after Android Lollipop update? - Moto G Phone Guide

but it's always good to have instructions in an accessible place.

Everything seems to be working OK at the moment, though I've seen reports of the following bugs (in the UK build of 5.1 - don't know how general these might be):

- Pulse notification light doesn't work. The fix for me was to go to 'Sound & notification' settings and switch the pulse light setting off then back on again.

- Can't set wi-fi to turn off during sleep. I like my wi-fi on during sleep (otherwise controlling a Chromecast stream is a problem, and parts of my home don't get a good mobile signal so I need wi-fi to get messages) so it's not a problem for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz