Not finding how to get coloured Google Calendar Categories

MCGozers

Oct 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi, Please bear with me - I'm new to both Android (5.1) and Motorola (G3). Nothing on this topic came up when I searched previous answers.

I use the default Google calendar and entries sync perfectly from my desktop Outlook to the phone calendar. No entries go missing. I use Android-Sync for calendar, tasks and notes.

HOWEVER, I use coloured categories on Outlook, which are very useful. The only Google Calendar colours differentiate between addresses (Google, Hotmail, Android-Sync which is the desktop Outlook) with no categories shown at all. Is the lack of calendars due to the Android-Sync app, Moto G3, Google Calendar?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Outlook categories, to the best of my knowledge, aren't supported when syncing (it's an Outlook/MS Exchange limitation), so you'll only get different colors for different accounts. If you use Google Calendar to set up an appointment, however, you can assign a different color for the appointment. Now, since I don't use the Google app on my phone, I'm not sure if you can do it on mobile (I don't see why you shouldn't), but on the Google Calendar webpage you can. You can also set up a different calendar in Google in lieu of categories.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude