Is Marshmallow already out for the G 2nd gen? If so, how is Doze?

mj0

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
After a rather short iPhone intermezzo my dad is once again looking for an Android phone for himself. Back in August I had suggested the original Moto G since he doesn't want to spend much money on a smartphone (~150€). Now, with Marshmallow released and the new doze feature I'm leaning towards the G 2nd. generation since the first won't get the update, as far as I know. And since his phone spends more time lying around on the shelf than in actual use doze would be perfect for his use case scenario and would probably increase battery life tenfold for him. Also, prices have gone down a bit since August and the G 2nd gen now be had for as little as 160€ while the G 1st gen is down to 130€.

Has Marshmallow for the G 2nd generation already been released? I read something about October 2015 but wasn't able to confirm that it has infact been released yet. If not any idea when it will be released? If so, how is doze on the G 2nd gen, any experiences (bad or good) yet?

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
After a rather short iPhone intermezzo my dad is once again looking for an Android phone for himself. Back in August I had suggested the original Moto G since he doesn't want to spend much money on a smartphone (~150€). Now, with Marshmallow released and the new doze feature I'm leaning towards the G 2nd. generation since the first won't get the update, as far as I know. And since his phone spends more time lying around on the shelf than in actual use doze would be perfect for his use case scenario and would probably increase battery life tenfold for him. Also, prices have gone down a bit since August and the G 2nd gen now be had for as little as 160€ while the G 1st gen is down to 130€.

Has Marshmallow for the G 2nd generation already been released? I read something about October 2015 but wasn't able to confirm that it has infact been released yet. If not any idea when it will be released? If so, how is doze on the G 2nd gen, any experiences (bad or good) yet?

I don't think it is officially out right now, I believe they are doing a soak test with it right now with some users.

Shivam 6133

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello Everyone. Any news on how much more time will it take for an official marshmallow release on moto g2. Mine is really lagging and really irritating me nowadays

Posted via the Android Central App