Android 6.0 Marshmallow

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0

If your Moto G is an unlocked version, the update doesn't come from the carrier but from Motorola directly... Your carrier wouldn't have any information because they do not provide the update.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

If your Moto G is an unlocked version, the update doesn't come from the carrier but from Motorola directly... Your carrier wouldn't have any information because they do not provide the update.
Mine is unlocked version but I am still stuck with lollipop.

sacrdandprofne

Nov 26, 2015
Visit site

So I would have to root my phone, or just unlock it?

EDIT: Never mind, even the Motorola site asks what your carrier is re: the rollout.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

It's so disheartening. My moto x pure already received marshmallow even though it was released after moto g 3rd gen.
Moto X = Premier, top tier device $$$
Moto G = everyday mid-ranger

Of course the X gets it first, plus it probably had less issues... The Moto G is on its 5th soak toast version, it's still not ready.

What do you want Motorola to do, release a rushed, buggy rom, or wait for it to be bug-free?

Either way, we will have it months before comparable devices.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

Moto X = Premier, top tier device $$$
Moto G = everyday mid-ranger

Of course the X gets it first, plus it probably had less issues... The Moto G is on its 5th soak toast version, it's still not ready.

What do you want Motorola to do, release a rushed, buggy rom, or wait for it to be bug-free?

Either way, we will have it months before comparable devices.
I love my moto g even though it's still lollipop. You should get one too!

Sacheen Adavinavar

Dec 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: moto g3 got marshmallow ..

I got update of marshmallow 6.0 for moto g3. I started updating 1% has downloaded after that I cancelled download because I can do after sometime but after a while checked in system updates it is showing your device's software is up to date

Posted via the Android Central App

Colin JS

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site

I am not sure why your worried about it... you will get, Motorola has said the Moto G 2nd and 3rd gen will get it. Better than other lot of phones out there, more people will never see Marshmallow on their current device than people who will. Have patience, they will release it when it is ready, there is a reason there has been 3 soak tests so far, do you want them to release a broken ROM? I thought not... when it is tested and ready, they will release it.

most sensible post on this thread.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Lollipop works perfectly fine on the Moto G³ so they can take their sweet time making it perfect. As for my fiance's Moto G², hers is a little bugged out, it needs the update before the 3rd gen does IMO...

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto G³

Ebinity

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site

In my opinion they can take as much time as they need. I would rather update later to stable and smooth version than sooner for buggy and unfinished version. I am just happy that Motorola officially confirmed 6.0 for MotoG 3 and 2.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I am on a recent Marshmallow soak test... to be honest I barely notice a difference, a few animation and font changes here and there, SD card changes to use it as a replacement for internal storage (but you need a really fast card), but for some reason battery life seems slightly worse.

Patrique Marsh

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site

I just got the update this morning myself. i believe it was around 650 Mb or so, but honestly, I was half asleep. I have the unlocked version straight from Motorola running on AT&T. It took about 5 min to download and about 15-20 minutes to set up. I haven't noticed any big changes except a slight change in the clock fonts and it did ask the options for how to use the SD card. I'll try to post more if I notice any else. I hope it helps.

Cliff Woolfork

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

Are you in the US? I've got an unlocked Moto G³ and haven't seen an update. Also using at&t

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto G³

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon