Android 6.0 Marshmallow

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0

Pretty sure this works fine for most people... Install LTE Discovery from play store and tell me what band you are currently connected, and what the signal strength is on LTE and 3G please.

I haven't seen this problem since early roms on the Nexus 4

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I returned the MOto G already just to be safe (14 day return window). If I can confirm from sources that the unlocked Moto G with Marshmallow update running on T-Mobile can have Voice over LTE, I'll rebuy it. Until then, I had to do the safe thing and return it.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your help. Unfortunately, I returned the MOto G already just to be safe (14 day return window). If I can confirm from sources that the unlocked Moto G with Marshmallow update running on T-Mobile can have Voice over LTE, I'll rebuy it. Until then, I had to do the safe thing and return it.
It doesn't have VoLTE, and won't (Tmo is being a b*tch about unlocked phones and what manufacturers have to do to get certified to use their VoLTE service) but indications are the 3G-LTE transitions are greatly improved... People who reported similar issues to yours have said the problem is gone after Mm update.

Edit: out of curiosity, what did you switch to?

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

It doesn't have VoLTE, and won't (Tmo is being a b*tch about unlocked phones and what manufacturers have to do to get certified to use their VoLTE service) but indications are the 3G-LTE transitions are greatly improved... People who reported similar issues to yours have said the problem is gone after Mm update.

Edit: out of curiosity, what did you switch to?

I see what you mean. It seems unfortunate it'll never truly have Voice over LTE, but I can accept if it automatically switches to 3G for making and, more importantly, receiving calls. If this is true, I may rebuy the Moto G, but would like a few more real-world user feedback confirmations before I rebuy.

I'm undecided on what I'd replace it with if it turns out it doesn't work. I'm waiting for more confirmations about the unlocked Moto G on Tmobile and Marshmallow before I decide!

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: moto g3 got marshmallow ..

T-Mo are the uncarrier hey? An uncarrier would always be a complete nightmare about unlocked phones... -_-

Posted via the Android Central App

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

I see what you mean. It seems unfortunate it'll never truly have Voice over LTE, but I can accept if it automatically switches to 3G for making and, more importantly, receiving calls. If this is true, I may rebuy the Moto G, but would like a few more real-world user feedback confirmations before I rebuy.

I'm undecided on what I'd replace it with if it turns out it doesn't work. I'm waiting for more confirmations about the unlocked Moto G on Tmobile and Marshmallow before I decide!
Or wait the Huawei Honor 5x to be released in the US at the end of the month for $199... It is essentially a Moto G Turbo with a 5.5" screen FHD, and Huawei has gotten much at software updates in the last year. My son has an Ascend Mate 2, he loves it after changing the launcher to Nova.

Alan Sam K

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Moto G 2015 Marshmallow update ota now rolling out has a size of 445.5mb

Attachments

• 39436.jpg
    39436.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 68

Seetam

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Last night I updated my Moto G 2015 to marshmallow in India. Now it's rolling out. Do check software update those who are in India and they will get notification for the same.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160109-041726.jpg
    Screenshot_20160109-041726.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 58

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
After the update the setting to turn on LTE more is disabled and I can't turn it on again like before. People on the other line tells me that my line is choppy and they are having a hard time understanding me. Is there any way to enable this?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
After the update the setting to turn on LTE more is disabled and I can't turn it on again like before. People on the other line tells me that my line is choppy and they are having a hard time understanding me. Is there any way to enable this?
This is two different issues... LTE is not used for voice, 3G is, always has been.

Honestly, I would reboot, if that doesn't seem to make any difference, remove and reinsert your SIM, and as a last resort factory default.

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
This is two different issues... LTE is not used for voice, 3G is, always has been.

Honestly, I would reboot, if that doesn't seem to make any difference, remove and reinsert your SIM, and as a last resort factory default.
I already did those and it did not work. Could it be because I did not wait for the T-Mobile update? What I did is took out the sim method to get the update last month?

Quetion is? Is T-Mobile going to release the update for the unlocked X pure?

Last edited:

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I already did those and it did not work. Could it be because I did not wait for the T-Mobile update? What I did is took out the sim method to get the update last month?

Quetion is? Is T-Mobile going to release the update for the unlocked X pure?

So, this issue is for a Moto X? Not an G? If it's an X, I would post your issue on the Moto X section as you will get better answers pertaining to the X. Second, T-Mobile won't release the software for the G nor the X Pure as they are unlocked phones and support/updates are provided by Moto themselves.

jamestanmar

Dec 30, 2015
Visit site
So, this issue is for a Moto X? Not an G? If it's an X, I would post your issue on the Moto X section as you will get better answers pertaining to the X. Second, T-Mobile won't release the software for the G nor the X Pure as they are unlocked phones and support/updates are provided by Moto themselves.
Oh but the thread is about the marshmallow upgrad right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy