Android 6.0 Marshmallow

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Encryption?

Hi All!

I'm new to Android, coming from the iOS world. Last week, I purchased a 3rd gen Moto G 16/2, unlocked from Amazon for only $145! It was an open box unit (probably a return), but looks and works great. Within hours of using it, it started the 6.0 update, and so far I've not had any major issues. Of course, I'm still learning, so I'm not exactly a power user, and there could be some issues going on that I'm not even aware of yet.

I still have a lot to learn, so I've been coming here trying to find answers by reading through the forums. I do have a question about encryption that I'm hoping someone has experience with. I would like to enable the encryption feature in Marshmallow, but I know the Moto G is not the most powerful phone around, although it seems fine for my purposes. Does anyone have any thoughts or experience with using the encryption feature on the Moto G? I'm worried it will slow the phone down.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Please see this thread and post there if you have any further questions...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g-2015/633805-tell-me-about-android-6-encryption-new-post.html

Alan-in-NC

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow - Encryption?

Thanks for your answer. It backs up the reading I've been doing the last few days. I need it for work, so I will just enable it and deal with whatever issues come up. Thanks again!

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
OMG - thank you for this tip - I've tried everything to download photos on my G2 - and this worked! Mate, you are a legend!
Everyone here appreciates a thanks, but it's often a good idea to quote the helpful post your referencing... Both so the author gets a pat on the back, and so others know it is helpful.