Fast Charger for Moto G?

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Was wondering does this gen moto g supports any kind of fast chargers? and anyone can suggest some that aren't expensive?
the 3hours charge time is kinda long at the moment from my regular wall charger.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering does this gen moto g supports any kind of fast chargers? and anyone can suggest some that aren't expensive?
the 3hours charge time is kinda long at the moment from my regular wall charger.

There is a model of the Moto G that supports Turbo Charging, the Moto G Turbo.

(It comes with the Snapdragon 615 instead of the 410)

I believe it's available in India and Mexico.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
so what's the max amp rating the regular moto g can handle?
Using an old wall charger that says it has output of 580ma at 5.2v - means it has 0.58amp charging ''speed''?

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Using an old wall charger that says it has output of 580ma at 5.2v - means it has 0.58amp charging ''speed''?
0.58A is the maximum amount of current your current adapter can supply, the Moto G 2015 is capable of drawing 1.0A (actually, about 980ma is the highest I have seen according to GSAM Battery Monitor app), so any quality, standard USB charger of 1.0A rating or higher will provide the optimum charging rate. With your current charger, you charging at slightly of 50% of it's capability.

Note that it does not charge at the same rate all the time, as the battery approaches 100%, the charge rate will slow down. And you can use a higher rated charger (within reason) with no issues, but it will not charge any faster than a quality 1.0A charger.

A standard USB 1.0/1.1/2.0 port will charge at a maximum rate of 500ma (0.5A), and USB 3.0/3.1 will supply up to 900ma (0.9A).

FWIW, I use a Blackberry PlayBook charger, rated at 1.8A, and it works great, but it doesn't charge any faster than an old Samsung charger I picked up and carry in my laptop bag, rated at 1.0A.

The Moto G 2015 (non-Turbo version) does not support any fast charge variant.

Ian Morgan2

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I got a 1.0 amp output Amazon charger and a 1.8 amp Tiger in the box ( also from Amazon), charger...originally for use with Moto E....Tiger has a red flashing indicator when fully charged....the rates of charging don't seem to have altered with MotoG 3rd Gen.....Tiger seems to be slightly faster, and the better value.

Posted via the Android Central App

bafare

May 15, 2014
Visit site

It is1.5 amp. Fast charger won't work and a 2amp charger will work at 1.5 max. Mine takes 1 1/2 hours to charge from 0 to 100% with a 2amp charger and 2 1/2 hours with 1amp charger and it takes forever with the charger that comes with the phone lol

Posted via the Android Central App on Moto G3 16/2 on $35 Cricket wireless plan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci