How Can I Live-Stream My Phone's Screen to My PC?

A

AC Question

I would like to live-stream my phone's screen to my PC.

My PC's connected (Ethernet) to my broadband Internet router. The router has Wi-Fi, via which my phone is able to access the Internet. My phone has an app (IP Webcam) which allows me to live-stream from my phone's cameras, via the Wi-Fi, to my PC; all I do, on my PC, is open a browser and point it to the relevant private IP address of IP Webcam's Web server, such as 192.168.0.1:8000. The Web interface outputs the audio and video in a variety of formats, such as Flash (which is displayed in a Web page), or an IP stream suitable for media-playing software, such as VLC. My phone has another app (VLC Direct) which allows me to browse media files on my phone and PC, and live-streams them to VLC on my PC. Both apps are great but don't allow me to live-stream my phone's screen.

So, how can I live-stream my phone's screen to my PC? One similar to IP Webcam would be great.

Please help.

PS: My phone is a Moto G, 2nd generation, running Lollipop 5.0.2; my PC is running Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS GNU/Linux, 3.13.0-79-generic kernel.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like to live-stream my phone's screen to my PC.

My PC's connected (Ethernet) to my broadband Internet router. The router has Wi-Fi, via which my phone is able to access the Internet. My phone has an app (IP Webcam) which allows me to live-stream from my phone's cameras, via the Wi-Fi, to my PC; all I do, on my PC, is open a browser and point it to the relevant private IP address of IP Webcam's Web server, such as 192.168.0.1:8000. The Web interface outputs the audio and video in a variety of formats, such as Flash (which is displayed in a Web page), or an IP stream suitable for media-playing software, such as VLC. My phone has another app (VLC Direct) which allows me to browse media files on my phone and PC, and live-streams them to VLC on my PC. Both apps are great but don't allow me to live-stream my phone's screen.

So, how can I live-stream my phone's screen to my PC? One similar to IP Webcam would be great.

Please help.

PS: My phone is a Moto G, 2nd generation, running Lollipop 5.0.2; my PC is running Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS GNU/Linux, 3.13.0-79-generic kernel.

What are you trying to accomplish once you have your phone screen streamed?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad