Can I ressurect my Micro SD card?

MatomCZ

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey, I had my micro sd card in my Motorola Moto G (2015) and formatted it to internal (android 6.0). Then I wipe all system. Now the mobile can't find the sd card. When I plugged Sd card adapter with sd card into windows PC, it recognized it like Mass Storage Device with no space. I tried formate it using cmd, SD formater programme and also in Linux Ubuntu, but nothing worked. Do you know any other way how to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify--are you still trying to use the SD card as adoptable storage, or are you trying to turn it back to a removable SD card (i.e., formatted in FAT32 rather than ext4)?

MatomCZ

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to use the SD card as internal storage, but formatting in FAT32 would be acceptable too, because it's easy to formate it in ext4 using android.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Use Disk Management in Windows (or fdisk from the cmd prompt) and erase the partition table and recreate it. Should do the trick.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Kind Of on same subject, just got this phone. How do I format the SD card to allow apps to install there?
Marshmallow? "You" can't, the phone has to adopt the storage as internal, Marshmallow has no provisions for installation of apps to SD card as portable/external storage.

Vyrlokar

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
Again, if you can't format it from the phone, you could put it in an adapter and format it from your PC. I use Linux for my computers, so I use GParted, but you could simply create a bootable usb and format it from there.