Moto g 3rd Incredibly Laggy?

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
am I the only one experiencing a serious lagging with this phone? I had the 1st gen moto g which had almost the same specs as this, also 1gb ram and it was butter smooth.
but this phone sometimes becomes unresponsive, badly responsive etc. the apps sometimes hangs up etc.. feels like I'm using a phone from 2000 by the speed of it. also starting the flashlight by double chop is total hit or miss most of the times, after you shake it, the flashlight turns On maybe after 2secounds not instantly, that IS if It even turns on...
I had the phone for only like a month with the android 5 version and it seemed pretty responsive, but day by day now when I have the android 6 it becomes more slow and slow..

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
am I the only one experiencing a serious lagging with this phone? I had the 1st gen moto g which had almost the same specs as this, also 1gb ram and it was butter smooth.
but this phone sometimes becomes unresponsive, badly responsive etc. the apps sometimes hangs up etc.. feels like I'm using a phone from 2000 by the speed of it. also starting the flashlight by double chop is total hit or miss most of the times, after you shake it, the flashlight turns On maybe after 2secounds not instantly, that IS if It even turns on...
I had the phone for only like a month with the android 5 version and it seemed pretty responsive, but day by day now when I have the android 6 it becomes more slow and slow..
Well, i have the 2gb version and it's not laggy at all.

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I did not wanted to pay 2x more for the 2gb version..the price for the 2gb version is just stupid expensive for what you get..

btw i use it only for browsing internet, calls/texts , I have maybe 3 extra apps installed..so it's not like is full of crap.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Is it been like that from the beginning or just recently? You could try a cache partition wipe via recovery mode and see if it helps.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I did not wanted to pay 2x more for the 2gb version..the price for the 2gb version is just stupid expensive for what you get..

btw i use it only for browsing internet, calls/texts , I have maybe 3 extra apps installed..so it's not like is full of crap.
I do not believe the 2gb model was even close to double the price. Anyways, I got mine refurbished for $149.

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

1GB/8GB Model - $199
2GB/16GB Model - $219

Definitely not twice as much, more like 10%... Unless you are talking about the locked, carrier branded versions that average around $99... those are not worth as much (cost as much) because the carrier made an arrangement with Moto to pay part of the price for them to produce it with a limited/locked feature set or carrier branded apps added, and limited upgrades. Is that worth half the price, for some yes, for others no.

Rover Pow

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
ok just did a factory reset today and again it's pretty smooth! weird...as It has been maybe a month since I last time factory-reset it.

Also to save the battery I installed greenify to enter doze much faster and premium version of green power (pirated of course,heheh) so the wifi is disabled at night ,and at day time it turns on every 15mins for a minute to sync for new emails.
+ I dropped to 2g and disabled data, as i use wifi 99% of the time anyway, and have only 100mb a month to use on my data plan so not worth to keep the 3g with data enabled.

let's see how this will impact the total battery life.

for data savings I installed Opera mini which in my tests shrinked data usage by about 85-90%!!!! yes 85-90% when browsing webpages.