How can I fix phone call speaker/mic muted after Marshmallow update?

Lloyd00

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site
My phone was working fine before Marshmallow. I have never rooted it or installed any weird apps. When I first got Marshmallow, I noticed that calls made in my Mazda 3 2015 with Bluetooth had the Bluetooth Speaker/Mic muted. I unlinked the car BT and did a soft reset on the phone. Now the phone works fine with the BT in the car but when I call with the phone by itself, the call connects but the phone speaker and mic are mute. If I put earbuds/mic in the audio jack the ear buds and and ear bud mic work fine. When I take the jack out, the phone speaker and mic are still mute. On other apps the mic and the speaker work fine on the phone. If I'm listening to music on the phone the speaker works, when I plug the jack in, the music transfers to the ear buds. If I take the jack out the music comes out of the speakers.

I tried soft reset, safe mode with no help.

Sometimes if I make a call and use the dialpad during the call, the speaker/mic will sometimes work but on the next call-still mute.

I think it's some weird software/Marshmallow glitch.

Any ideas?

Either I just use the earbuds or maybe try a factory reset.

Thanks.

jamesaka

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
Mine has done this twice in the last month, it will work with earphones or speaker, I did a factory reset to fix it but for how long ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar