Error moving data to SD card

kambiz1983

Sep 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I bought a micro SD (evo+ 64 GB) for my Moto G plus. When I formatted it as an internal storage, I was able to move Apps (one by one) to the SD card. However, I was not able to move my photos and music to the SD card (there was no option). The built-in migration was giving me an error:

"There was an error in estimating the data to be moved".

After I formatted it to as a portable device, I was able to move pictures and music to the SD but not the apps. So It appears it is not possible to move both apps and music/pictures to teh SD card. Based on my search, I found two possible reasons:
1. Android 6.0.1 is the problem 2. The capacity of SD card is the problem (up to 32 GB seems fine).

Has anyone notinced this? Please let me know if I am right or wrong.

Kind regards

anon(9983233)

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
We were just discussing this within another area of the forum, even though one might be able to relocate apps to their SD cards, many have said this is not worth the effort and could cause apps issues.. I personally have not found any issues with relocating several apps to my SD card along with music, images or data.. I'm assuming that you've attempted to do this on your computer instead of through the device's interface.

The Min/Max card limit seems within the allowable card limit for your device. Although I've not upgraded to any new op sys.. I'm still on 5.0 and have not experienced any issues as mentioned above.

Although this tutorial of mine is geared more towards the relocation of apps to your SD card.. it might offer you some suggestions you may have missed.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...-s-tips-tricks-how-move-app-your-sd-card.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463