Moto G and G Plus (fifth generation) Hands-On

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwl_df2sCPE

Moto G5 + Moto G5 Plus hands-on: A little less convention, a little more action | Android Central

As I am every year, I'm impressed with Motorola's ability to shuffle cards around to make it appear like its latest Moto G product is a bigger upgrade than it is in reality. The Moto G5 is, in some ways, a lateral move, opting for higher build quality over better specs. Users likely won't notice any performance improvements over the previous generation — in daily tasks, it may even be slower — and the smaller battery won't do it any favors, either. But the addition of a fingerprint sensor is important to the company's messaging, and it does feel much nicer in the hand than the plasticky Moto G4.

The Moto G5 Plus is a bit more complicated to talk about. There are real, substantive improvements in every major area, including display, camera, performance and design. I'm happy with the decision to reduce screen size in favor of a phone that is more easily usable in one hand, and the 12MP camera sensor should please everyone invested in the Moto G ecosystem. But the decision to stick with Micro-USB, and the lack of NFC, feel like concessions that shouldn't be necessary in 2017.

But the Moto G line, while popular in the U.S., is tailor-made for countries still building their mobile ecosystems, and these devices show leadership in almost every area. Motorola surveyed thousands of people, and used purchase data from every market, to determine what to upgrade and where to cut and, as usual, it appears they made the right decisions.

The Moto G5 and G5 Plus will be available beginning in early March in some markets. U.S. availability of the Moto G5 Plus has yet to be determined.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus hands-on: The Moto G just went premium – BGR

Make no mistake, the new Moto G5 series isn’t here to steal the thunder from the LG G6, Huawei P10, or the incoming Galaxy S8. It’s not an iPhone killer either unless the iPhone in question is a few years old. But if you’re looking for a budget-friendly phone, the Moto G5 should be at the top of your list, which is something I could have told you about any of its predecessors. This year, however, you get a Moto G device that features a metal design, a high-resolution screen, advanced cameras, fast-charging and long-lasting batteries, and brand new Android tricks.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
http://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...ovo-moto-g5-plus-announced-price-release-date

Both the G5 and G5 Plus will launch worldwide in March in “fine gold” and “lunar gray.” Pricing will vary based on hardware configuration and territory, but the Moto G5 will start at €199 (no US release, remember) with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage, with the G5 Plus starting slightly higher at $229 USD with 2GB RAM and 32GB of storage. The unlocked Moto G5 Plus will be compatible with all major US networks. I spent just a few minutes with both devices, but assuming the lack of NFC isn’t a dealbreaker, they seem like a very impressive evolution of the Moto G’s winning formula: good phone, cheap price. That’s especially true of the G5 Plus.