Moto G update won't install

brokenshadows

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
i recently reset my phone back to factory defaults, except for the bootloader being unlocked (i'm not sure how to reset that, or if i even can). i keep getting a notification that there is a system update available to install, but it keeps failing. When i tell it to install, it restarts the phone, shows the Android picture for a second, then restarts the phone and tells me the install failed.

i've gone through and deleted every app i installed after resetting the phone, cleared as much space as i could manage, even reset the phone again and tried to install the update before anything else. It keeps failing.

Any suggestions?

brokenshadows

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
i tried following the instructions there, and it keeps failing.

cmd image.png

i've tried using the "fastboot flashing lock" command, as well as "fastboot flashing lock_bootloader" both while running the command prompt as admin.

Now the phone is stuck saying "Android is starting..."

Guy Tsabary

Jan 27, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

In the last 2 year I encounterted endless intolerable Constant System Updates notifications which were ended with failure any time I agreed.

To be more accurate, my phone is Motorola Moto g 4th generation (XT1625, MPJ24.139-64 (android 6.01) Amazon edition).

Motorola/Lenovo suppport team did not answer my requests and non of the alternatives offered in the internet helped me.

Every once in a while I tried to find a solution and here is a workaround I found this week:

If you follows the instructions of dosangst in "Moto G Amazon Edition - Remove app that displays ads with one simple command"

https://www.reddit.com/r/MotoG/comments/6e1cc4/moto_g_amazon_edition_remove_app_that_displays/

and replaces the adb shell command

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.amazon.phoenix

with

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.motorola.ccc.ota

you will cease the update notifications!!

Further explanation: com.motorola.ccc.ota is the system/programmer name of “motorola update services “ which you see if you go to Settings>>Apps & notifications>>3 dots (Top right corner)>>Show system>> ( Scroll down) till you get "Motorola Update Services app".

Notice thuogh that this is only a workaround of the real problem (of failing to upgrade your firmware)

and that you will not get a firmware updated to the newer versions (of android 7 - Nougat and so on).

HTH

Guy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol