Alarm not going off... "you missed an alarm that has been deleted"

A

AC Question

Greetings,

Using a Moto G4. I'm occasionally waking up to find my alarm did not go off at the specified time, but instead there's a notification of "you missed an alarm that has been deleted".

Curious if anyone knows what or why it might be deleted? When it happened this morning, I also noticed the battery was low. Could that have been it? Do alarms cancel when low battery is detected? I'm thinking not, because right after this happened, I set another alarm for 15 minutes in the future, and this one actually did go off, despite the low battery. Any insights would be appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is the alarm actually showing as deleted?

Which app are you using? (I've slept through alarms, but I've never seen that message.)

club727

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Is the alarm actually showing as deleted?

Which app are you using? (I've slept through alarms, but I've never seen that message.)

Yes it seems to be actually deleted. I'm using the built in system Clock app (that also handles alarms, stopwatch, countdown timer). If I tap the system notification that "you missed an alarm that has been deleted", it launches the Clock app and indeed shows that the alarm that was set is indeed gone (none exist with the faint watermark in the background saying "No Alarms"), and for a second a grey status message flashes at the bottom of the screen reiterating "you missed an alarm that has been deleted".

Happened again this morning, only 28 minutes after the alarm shouldve gone off, I checked it to find this had happened again. No low battery this time either. I tried googling before coming here, but didn't find anyone else having this problem. Very strange indeed.