New update

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for that May security update here (and yes, I have checked for a system update). My model's the XT1684, bought in the UK.

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
My G5 Plus I purchased from Best Buy shortly after it was out and I put it on my Verizon account. Update showed up yesterday and I just updated to March 2017 build NP25.137-43-5.

Macdtek

Feb 26, 2017
Visit site
I've emailed Moto about updates for UK users and hers the reply.

Greetings from Moto & Lenovo customer support.
I understand that you have not received any security patch update yet from January. The OTA update rollout is a phased process, so it may take some time before it is made available to all the devices across the world. Please be rest assured, you will get an update soon. We don't have exact dates, but we're working to roll it out to all eligible devices globally as quickly as possible.

Software updates are released in batches. Not all phones can receive the update at the same time as the servers would not be able to handle it. Once the update is released, you will receive a notification or you may also go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates to check for any pending updates.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us. Below are the contact information of Moto & Lenovo UK support for future reference

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
I've emailed Moto about updates for UK users and hers the reply.

Greetings from Moto & Lenovo customer support.
I understand that you have not received any security patch update yet from January. The OTA update rollout is a phased process, so it may take some time before it is made available to all the devices across the world. Please be rest assured, you will get an update soon. We don't have exact dates, but we're working to roll it out to all eligible devices globally as quickly as possible.

Software updates are released in batches. Not all phones can receive the update at the same time as the servers would not be able to handle it. Once the update is released, you will receive a notification or you may also go to Settings > About Phone > System Updates to check for any pending updates.

For any further assistance or information please do not hesitate to contact us. Below are the contact information of Moto & Lenovo UK support for future reference

This is a standard reply Motorola gives whenever you enquire about updates.
Here in India we are on the March security patch. I just hope the latest security patch rolls out soon.
It was better with my G4 Plus because it was getting updates every 3 months.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I also got an update yesterday, but this only changed my security patch date from January to May. I'm in the UK and my G5+ is on the 'retgb' channel. I was doing a manual check when it appeared, but I suppose it would eventually have been offered automatically.

I'm not holding my breath waiting for Android 8, or even Android 7.1, which is what the 2017 E and C series have got. Motorola has so many different models and regional variations that I have very low expectations and regard any update at all as a bonus.

Graham Thomas

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
I've just today got the August security patch. I'm on the 'retgb' channel. That's two updates in a fortnight! Whatever next? Android 7.1? 8.0?

Still not holding my breath for either of those.