Can't change lockscreen background

LesHabs29

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
This is weird. Typically, there is an option when setting a wallpaper that asks "do you want to change the lockscreen too" or something like that. When I changed the wallpaper today, there was no option for the lockscreen and I can't find a setting that will allow a change. I have two different pics but I like when they are the same. I have the latest build (I think) with the aug 17 security patch? Any thoughts?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Which way are you using to change the wallpaper? I think that option is only available if you long press an empty spot on your home screen, select 'Wallpaper' and tap on 'Set wallpaper'.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
In my Moto G5 plus I get options to set wallpaper for home screen/lock screen/both, no matter which way I want to change the wallpaper - from Photos app, File Manager(Moto or Solid Explorer) ,Google Wallpaper app or from long pressing the home screen.I would get the options from a Wallpaper Changer app I used sometime before .It is available from Android 7.0 - I got it on my Moto G4 Plus only after the Nougat upgrade but it is there on my G5 Plus from the beginning. So it is quite odd that you are not getting the options.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure why, but some users can't change the lock screen wallpaper from Photos and they only get that option from the launcher. This is the case on my wife's G5+ and I've seen similar reports from different Moto models.

In my G5S+ I get the option from Google Photos.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
@Rinsun

I'm going to hijack the thread a little bit and take advantage you're around :)

Which launcher do you have on the G5+? Can you remove the Google search widget?

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
@Rinsun

I'm going to hijack the thread a little bit and take advantage you're around :)

Which launcher do you have on the G5+? Can you remove the Google search widget?

If you are asking me, I am using the Nova Launcher Prime. If I use the stock launcher, i.e, Launcher 3 which comes with G5 Plus, I can't remove the Google search widget .
It's odd that the G5 Plus allows wallpaper changing from anywhere on my phone whereas doesn't allow it in your wife's phone.
Sorry if I misunderstood and you were asking the OP :)

P.S - Sorry I am late in responding as I had retired for the night.( Location - India )

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you are asking me, I am using the Nova Launcher Prime. If I use the stock launcher, i.e, Launcher 3 which comes with G5 Plus, I can't remove the Google search widget .
It's odd that the G5 Plus allows wallpaper changing from anywhere on my phone whereas doesn't allow it in your wife's phone.
Sorry if I misunderstood and you were asking the OP :)

P.S - Sorry I am late in responding as I had retired for the night.( Location - India )
Thanks! Yeah, I was curious if there was any difference between countries (I'm in Brazil). Same here, Launcher3 on the G5+ (7.0) and Moto App Launcher on the G5S+ (7.1.1).

And yes, I use Nova Prime as well. No way to go back to any stock launcher after using it. :)

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! Yeah, I was curious if there was any difference between countries (I'm in Brazil). Same here, Launcher3 on the G5+ (7.0) and Moto App Launcher on the G5S+ (7.1.1).

And yes, I use Nova Prime as well. No way to go back to any stock launcher after using it. :)

I agree, I always go back to Nova Prime after trying to use any other launcher. I use the stable version.
As for the G5 plus, mine is the 4GB/32 GB model which is available in India. I think the US model is a 4 GB/ 64 GB model. What about the Brazilian one ?
The Indian G5 plus is XT1686 SKU.
I could change wallpapers on lock screen and home screen from anywhere in G4 Plus after the Nougat update.
There is also another way I can set my wallpapers from - Settings > Display >Wallpaper . But I am sure you must have tried this also in your wife's G5 Plus.

Last edited:

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Same sort of thing, only 3/32. Yeah, so jealous you get that 4/64 model :(

Same thing with the new X4.

Well, the G5S+ came so soon after I got the G5+ on an online sale, in an exchange with an old phone(1GB/8GB) and a bank discount, and not so good reviews about the camera that I did not think of buying it. I am more comfortable with the G5+ size too after the 5.5 " of the G4+.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad