Long Term Review of XT1607

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
After more than 6 months with this phone, I can say I've never had a phone with more problems.

All of the problems can be traced to Google updates - the most annoying is the loss of paired Bluetooth devices and the GPS signal lost. It's so bad I stopped updating any of the Google services except in 4-6 week intervals.

The last was yesterday, where I updated the web view - pretty much crashed over half of my apps. News, Pandora and most of my bank apps were affected. Had to factory reset in order to get it to work again.

Not really sure why Moto and Google don't play well together, but I can't recommend this phone because it doesn't seem to do anything well consistently or reliably over time.

I've had to wipe this thing 3 times in 6 months - won't be updating any Google apps as long as I use this thing.

Toto39

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
After more than 6 months with this phone, I can say I've never had a phone with more problems.

All of the problems can be traced to Google updates - the most annoying is the loss of paired Bluetooth devices and the GPS signal lost. It's so bad I stopped updating any of the Google services except in 4-6 week intervals.

The last was yesterday, where I updated the web view - pretty much crashed over half of my apps. News, Pandora and most of my bank apps were affected. Had to factory reset in order to get it to work again.

Not really sure why Moto and Google don't play well together, but I can't recommend this phone because it doesn't seem to do anything well consistently or reliably over time.

I've had to wipe this thing 3 times in 6 months - won't be updating any Google apps as long as I use this thing.
I've been using the XT1609 (Verizon prepaid version) and had virtually no problems with it. I did use the arrow launcher instead of the Google one and battery life is pretty decent at about 7.5 hrs screen on time. Do you have a microSD card installed?

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
We also have a XT1609, but that sees light duty on VZW - texting, email and games. It has no reported problems either.

Mine has been on AT&T from the start. The GPS signal lost seems to have been fixed by Maps version 9.67.1, where I won't update it past that now since it has worked on 3 separate times.

I looked at the Arrow Launcher, but went with the BlackBerry Launcher as I prefer and still use BB10. Out of several ones tried the BlackBerry keyboard seems to work best for me.

I only use this phone for heavy texting, e-mail, Bluetooth streaming of Pandora and Spotify to my car, maps and video streaming to the Chromecasts. Also use BT for my Plantronics headset for random calls.

Battery lasts me all day, but I do charge overnight every night.

I do use a micro SD card - is there something I'm missing?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz