Photos from all folders and camera roll deleted from phone after invisible update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I opened google photos and all of my photos from the camera roll, device folders (whatsapp screenshots) and archive have been removed. I never selected to free up space. There seems to have been an update (that I didn't authorise) to my phone as the font has changed slightly (end of september/early october). Can anyone advise why this has happened and if the photos can be restored.

Was there a recent update to android? I have a Moto g5 plus.
I really didn't free up space from my phone so I am in despair that I have lost important archived documents.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
When you reinstall Google photos and log back in all data stored in Google servers will download to your account, that is if any data is still there. I have deleted Google photos data many times to regain storage, the data is returned within a few minutes.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I would think that's unlikely unless it had happened to a lot of users. I haven't heard of any other reports from Google photos users. Probably just bad luck on your phone.