Usb Tethering, grayed out?

Morgana Hilra

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
i have a moto g4 play, and the ubs tethering option is grayed out, however, it is connected because it is charging. any suggestions?
and to clarify, i just want to transfer my videos and photos from my cell to my pc. (no wifi) :confused:
it's a new phone.. i have not added anything that would mess with settings, and i am looking right at it, my usb is charging it, and I have tried many usb cords, and get the same problem.
i have restarted the cell as well. :'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
USB tethering means using the phone as a router (with a hotspot app) to connect something else to the internet - you're just connecting them, a different thing. Your problem might be a lack of USB driver for the phone in the PC. Try Motorola - Mac & Windows Drivers.

venious

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i have a moto g4 play, and the ubs tethering option is grayed out, however, it is connected because it is charging. any suggestions?
and to clarify, i just want to transfer my videos and photos from my cell to my pc. (no wifi) :confused:
it's a new phone.. i have not added anything that would mess with settings, and i am looking right at it, my usb is charging it, and I have tried many usb cords, and get the same problem.
i have restarted the cell as well. :'(
I believe you need to select some other option on the phone USB notification other than charging only.