USB connect to Mac?

CBmanJWS

Dec 20, 2016
Visit site
Hello. Well, I got this phone last Wednesday as a replacement for a CrackBerry Q10, which I had for two and a half years. I'm on the t&at network.
The issue I seem to be having is this: for whatever reason, Android File Transfer doesn't seem to work when I connect the phone via USB to my iMac, which runs El Capitan. Im not sure where to look, since I have it set for NTP(?) protocol.
I welcome any and all suggestions! Thanks for your help!

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Android file transfer is a temperamental program at best I have found. The odd time it works with my phone.

I assume you mean MTP Protocol (for transferring files) in the drop down notification that displays when you plug your phone in right?

If so, I would recommend trying "Commander One - free dual-pane file manager
By Eltima LLC" in the app store. It works very well I have found, haven't had a problem at all with it and I've used it a lot now. It's not free, but does give you a trial for a few days. I ended up buying it because of how well it worked, it was night and day between it and Android File Transfer.

MTP Protocol is slow, and not implemented in Mac OS unfortunately, it's a windows protocol implemented for cameras and that. I hope this helps.

brian10161

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry I didn't respond before now. You need to enable File Transfers on your phone. with the phone plugged in, swipe down from the top notification shade and select the white dialog box that has "usb for charging" iirc in it. Change it to MTP for file transfers and then your Moto G should show up in Commander One near the top, it will appear as "XT1540" or whichever model number you have.

You can select that and it should internal storage or SD card. Now you can move files and stuff around. It's a little hard to use at first, but it's similar to Norton Commander was under DOS way back.