iHeartRadio now "incompatible" with Moto G4 series

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Disappointing; apparently, the iHeartRadio app is no longer compatible with any of the G4 phones. When I originally bought my G4 Play (the Amazon version) I was able to download the app from the Play Store and it functioned fine. That seems to have changed within the last few weeks; I switched out my Amazon G4 Play for a no-ads version from B&H, and found I can no longer download it from the Play Store. I thought it was a glitch or error on iHeart's part, but they've <a href="https://help.iheart.com/hc/en-us/articles/229182088-Requirements-for-using-iHeartRadio-for-Android">updated their website</a> to state it's now incompatible with <b>all</b> G4 series phones (Play, normal, and Plus). The only solution is to sideload the APK from elsewhere.

I don't understand why they did this on such recent phones, unless there's some sort of hardware incompatibility. The sideloaded APK still works great on my G4 Play, however; I can listen to stations with no bugs or lag. I've contacted iHeartRadio to find out what the issue with these phones are. For now, just download the APK from APKMirror or Aptoide.

sethyboy

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
I received a response from someone at iHeart today. While they didn't explain why it's suddenly incompatible, they said a fix is being worked on and will let me know once it's resolved.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Seth - I had issues with Pandora on my BB, I was recommended to switch to Spotify.

While to me it took longer to "train" Spotify to my music taste, I haven't gone back to iHeartRadio and since deleted the app.

I would as well recommend Spotify to you.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I use iHeartRadio for the over air station simulcasts (mainly spoken word/news/talk/sports).

I do have Pandora, and have just not gotten around to trying Spotify yet.

cwag03

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Is there a particular version you are using from apkmirror that you know works? I have a friend with a moto g4. Tried side loading iheartradio version 8.0, and various older versions. They all install fine, but only broadcast stations will play. Any custom/streaming/internet stations won't play. You press play, and nothing happens...

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't know the current update on this, but I now have an E4...and IHeartRadio has no problem with it that I can find. It is showing up on the Play Store as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci