Turbo Charger

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
https://www.motorolastore.com/charging-old/plugs/motorola-turbopower-25-vpa.html

Just got this today from amazon. I tried it out. First time it said said over 1100 mah with programs like Ampre for android.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en&token=9e-BwAXm

After that about 800 every time. The included white AC charger with builtin cord was about 300 every time. Sometimes less. Once I got 642 so it varies. But ampre says 1300 mah max. I never even get close to that even with the turbo charger.

From what I have read g4 Play supports turbo charge. Is there a setting to enable quick charge or is it automatic.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
https://www.motorolastore.com/charging-old/plugs/motorola-turbopower-25-vpa.html

Just got this today from amazon. I tried it out. First time it said said over 1100 mah with programs like Ampre for android.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...?id=com.gombosdev.ampere&hl=en&token=U5LS3QKj

After that about 800 every time. The included white AC charger with builtin cord was about 300 every time. Sometimes less. Once I got 642 so it varies. But ampre says 1300 mah max. I never even get close to that even with the turbo charger.

From what I have read g4 Play supports turbo charge. Is there a setting to enable quick charge or is it automatic.
Where does it say it supports TurboPower charging?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So....

Here's the G4 Specs page. The Moto G4 supports TurboPower charging.

kxNgYCt.png

Here's the G4 Play spec page. No mention of TurboPower charging.

d4WAeRe.png

Here's the 10W Rapid Charger page, 2A/5V. No TurboPower-branding at all, unlike the other TurboPower chargers from Motorola.

ZsVSPld.png

2pfmqhB.png

From what I gather, TurboPower is Motorola's branding for their fast charging solutions. There's multiple TurboCharge implementations.

On micro USB phones, it's essentially Qualcomm Quick Charge.

On USB Type-C phones, it's 3A/5V at minimum, likely to the USB Power Delivery spec. And on the Moto Z Force Droid, it can go up to 5.5A/5V (I don't think any of the other Moto Z/Z2 phones support this).

Oh and just because there's a Snapdragon doesn't mean Qualcomm's Quick Charge is enabled.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
To recap, there is not setting to enable TurboPower charging on the Moto G4 Play.

I think that the Moto forum staff (I'm pretty sure they're not employees) is incorrect in saying that Motorola's 2A/5V 10W Rapid Charging solution is TurboPower.

You'd see a "TurboPower Charging" Android Toast message if you were actually TurboPower Charging.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
But when off it charges faster. And I get 800mah even when on vs 300 from the included white brick. So if no turbo then why is it faster.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
My Anker PowerPort 2 is a very fast charger. It regulates the power to give the device as much as it can handle.

But it is not QuickCharge 2.0/Turbo Charge.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes, that's it, though there could be a newer version.

Don't expect QC with it, either 2.0 or 3.0, but it's still pretty speedy...especially compared to the bundled charger.

Just to compare then download a program like Ampre and tell me how many amps that anker power port 2 is sending when your phone is on charge.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'd just like to reiterate, the Moto G4 Play does not have TurboPower Charging nor Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.

Kavan Sidhu

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd just like to reiterate, the Moto G4 Play does not have TurboPower Charging nor Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0.

I understand. But then why is the turbo charger sending 800 mah and the stock charger only does 300mah or so? And what is the max for the G4 Play?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers