11-01-2016 06:16 PM
39 12
tools
    It seems Vlad's main complaint was that the G4 is extremely laggy. Now that its in the wild, what are you folks who have the phone's opinion of this? Does this phone perform that poorly?

Posted via the Android Central App
    No lag at all on my 4GB RAM version; it's more or less on par with the Nexus phones for opening apps, reopening apps, UI speed, etc. Some things it does slightly faster, some are slightly slower, but no lag anywhere.
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-13-2016 12:43 PM
    I'll probably order the 2GB G Plus when I order my Moto Z.
    07-13-2016 12:48 PM
    Well we ordered a Moto G4 Plus 64gig/4gig RAM model and its pretty awesome! Said it would be here on the 18th but we got it last night! Over all zero lag and zero slow downs. Huge upgrade over the Moto G LTE. The wife to be loves it. I'm impressed with it as well. We also ordered a clear case and screen protector for it.

Now she is future proofed for a good while for her! My Moto X 14' PE is still hanging in there strong also with no lag. I might see what the Z or the next Nexus device brings for me. Not that I couldn't live with the new Moto G4 Plus. Its a slick device.
    Aquila and huntnyc like this.
    07-14-2016 08:39 AM
    Well we ordered a Moto G4 Plus 64gig/4gig RAM model and its pretty awesome! Said it would be here on the 18th but we got it last night! Over all zero lag and zero slow downs. Huge upgrade over the Moto G LTE. The wife to be loves it.
    This was exactly my experience with it ; got it earlier than expected and the device is better than expected. Good deal from moto.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-14-2016 08:48 AM
    Ordered one to play with. Will compare it to our 5x and note 4s. I'm curious if it will be smoother and more consistent then my 5x which I have occasional problems with.
    huntnyc likes this.
    07-14-2016 08:57 AM
    Moto G4 Plus Reviews-moto-g4-plus-foam.jpg
    Here is a photo of the Moto G4 Plus. (Foam)

Overall Scores
    Design and Build Quality: 8.5/10

The backing on its own DOES feel cheap but when its on the phone its rock solid. It really is a minor complaint from me. With a $299 phone though....Its totally fine! The backing's color however, pops just as we thought it would.

Network and Connectivity Features: 10/10

Zero issues with LTE, calls or WiFi connections.

Screen: 9/10

At lower brightness settings its pretty dim. Otherwise for a phone in this price range its great.

Other Hardware: 9/10

The volume rocker was a little hard to press. I think with more use it will loosen up some.

Software Overall: 9/10

Damn near close to stock! I like my Android one way...Vanilla and it just about delivers that!

Camera 8.5/10

Shots are clear but at lower lighting areas...It can be hard to see.

Final verdict: Just get it! At the end of the day my complaint list is just so minor when I think about it. Its a great buy for $299. So just order it if your on the edge about it.
    Ry and huntnyc like this.
    07-14-2016 09:05 AM
    cgardnervt and huntnyc like this.
    07-14-2016 03:45 PM
    https://www.engadget.com/2016/07/15/...4-plus-review/

Motorola Moto G4 Plus: 86

Pros
    Inexpensive
    Large, vibrant screen
    Great performance
    Has a much better camera than the Moto G4

Cons
    Plastic build isn't very durable
    Fingerprint sensor is in a baffling spot

Summary
    The Moto G4 Plus finally brings a great camera into Motorola's budget lineup. It's decently fast for the price, though the build quality might not last years of use.
    07-15-2016 03:11 PM
    I think he just got a DUD. Used the phone for a week now and I don't notice any difference between this and my old M8.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    07-19-2016 11:16 AM
    07-29-2016 04:09 PM
    Hey folks!

Just a quick update. My wife has been using this device for about 3 months now and we still have 0 issues with it. No over heating issues or anything of the sort. Its fast and just a great value for the price range! Its still a very strong 8.5/10 IMO.
    mrsmumbles and cupofcloud like this.
    10-28-2016 07:13 AM
    I'm yet to experience any overheating myself. Mine is still flying, smooth, fast and there has been zero lag.

My only complaint is the back cover started to creak, it was very noticeable. I bought a shell case which hid the problem, but it's still a tad disappointing. I'll get around to buying a new back cover eventually.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    10-28-2016 07:30 AM
    With 4 Gb ram, SD card, signal reception strength... the delta between G4 Plus vs Pixel made me return the Pixel.
    Justifying the expense started to get really stretched.
    This is not a knock on the Pixel, rather praise for the Moto G4 Plus.
    Now, about those updates.
    Let's get it done.
    cupofcloud likes this.
    11-01-2016 08:17 AM
    After over 3 months with my moto g⁴ plus (64/4) everything so far has been fine.
    It still works itself up into a heat every now and then. But as I said in previous posts, it never reaches a dangerous heat level where things start cramming up or the phone shuts itself off in order to cool down. On that note, like my moto g3, I haven't had any unintentional reboots. On previous Samsung and LG devices, it wasn't uncommon for the phone to suddenly go through a reboot cycle for some unapparent reason. I'm happy that I haven't experienced this on this moto g and my previous generation moto g.

Do I miss not having a magnometer for a compass? Kind of, it would make the GPS easier to navigate when I'm walking to places on foot. As far as driving with GPS, it doesn't make a difference, it'll accurately keep up with location and coming turns.

Battery life is still impressive. After three months of taking advantage of quick charge I don't notice any depreciation. I'm still averaging 3 hrs of SOT by the time I'm 50 percent through. I've reached 6 hours of SOT by the 15% warning, which is wonderful.

Screen is holding up nicely. I use plexiglass to protect it, no scratches. Usually keep it at a nice comfortable 40% when using the phone indoors. No burn-in so far.

Calls and texts still coming and going fine.

Fine wifi and 4g lte reception.

Fingerprint sensor still working fine (except when hands are sweaty)

Got the July 1 update last week, didn't appear to affect anything about the phone negatively.

If anything changes (hopefully not) I'll be sure to share.
    cgardnervt and mrsmumbles like this.
    11-01-2016 06:16 PM
39 12