11-01-2016 06:16 PM
39 12
tools
    Moto G4 Plus review: A memorable upgrade Moto G4 Plus review: A memorable upgrade | Android Central

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    05-28-2016 05:30 PM
    My take on Moto G4 Plus
    Moto G4 Plus Reviews-_dsc5200.jpg
    Overall Score
    Design and Build Quality: 8/10
    Network and Connectivity Features: 10/10
    Screen: 8.5/10
    Other Hardware: 8/10
    Software Overall: 9/10
    Camera 8/10
    Final verdict: Worth buying

Rajamass: Moto G4 Plus Review
    Ry and huntnyc like this.
    05-31-2016 12:22 AM
    My review matched with Android Central reviewer Daniel Bader
    Ry likes this.
    05-31-2016 12:24 AM
    I fail to understand a design & build quality rating of 8/10, when you note they've cheapened the case material, degraded the ergonomics (no more hand-fitting curved back) and eliminated the IPX7 water resistance. Now, build-quality-wise, isn't it pretty much just "average?"

Then there Daniel Bader's comment: "Loose, plasticky buttons and back cover."

Jim
    06-10-2016 08:54 AM
    hii Good Morning
    Anyone can tell about Moto G4 Plus, can i buy this cell..
    which the best andorid cell within 15000 ?
    Can anyone suggest me plzzzzz
    06-24-2016 01:50 AM
    Amazon has it.
    06-24-2016 02:09 AM
    Your username and the budget number you used implies you're in India? If so: Best do your homework and find out what experiences your fellow countrymen and women are having with this device, before you go spending your hard-earned Rs.
    06-25-2016 11:05 AM
    Moto g plus is a phone which is around the price of 14,500 rupees available on Amazon.It has many features like finger sensor,marshmallow version,octa core processor,3gb ram,32 gb internal memory,16 mp primary camera and 5 mp front camera.
    At last,Moto is well known for his good performance without hanging problem.So,its the best phone under 15,000 rupees.
    Thanks
    06-27-2016 04:00 AM
    Moto G4 Plus review: no | The Verge

TLDR version is that the Verge hated it. Vlad had some complaints that I am NOT seeing on my device (lag, sluggishness, bad camera) and praised some things that I think are not as good as he thinks they are - but that said, he ended up with an average score of 7.4 that he downgraded to a 6.8. Using their categories, I end up with a 7.8 which I bump up to a 7.9 because it's a $300 phone. To be totally fair, Vlad was using the G4 Plus that has 2GB RAM and 16GB storage and I have the one with 4GB RAM and 64GB Storage. Otherwise our devices should be identical. I've also only used mine for two hours, while he's used it for many, many days so it's entirely possible mine will take a turn for the worse with some usage.

Ry, mstrblueskys and cgardnervt like this.
    07-11-2016 01:35 PM
    It will be interesting to see how you feel about it once everything is ticking like it should.

Extra RAM helps a ton with performance. Maybe that's why you're liking yours better so far!
    Ry likes this.
    07-11-2016 01:51 PM
    Wow I'm surprised you have it a 5 for design. I wonder what color you got. The design and build quality are amazing for me. I read everywhere that this was plastic but it feels nothing like it. It feels premium and I'm coming from an HTC M8.
    07-11-2016 07:27 PM
    That's the review I expected from Vlad Savov.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    07-11-2016 07:36 PM
    I really do like the feel of the device in general, although I have to say I definitely prefer metal phones. I especially like the feel of the back material and I have no complaints on build quality. I went with a 5 because of the decision to have a front FPS that's not a home button and to also have on screen buttons. I'd rather they go all out one direction or the other - on screen buttons with FPS on the rear or off screen buttons with FPS on the front doubling as the home button.

Daniel-san, must talk. Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [makes squish gesture] get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture], just like grape. Understand?
    07-11-2016 07:38 PM
    From the review:
    But most of all, I’m irate that Motorola’s once-great Moto G budget handset has been turned into a compromised and nondescript piece of technological mediocrity.
    That is pretty much the take I got from reading prior reviews. Lenovorola took just about all the things that made the Moto G such a neat device and did away with them. Now it's just an econo-phablet. And not even all that "econo," to boot.

What a shame
    07-12-2016 08:14 AM
    From the review:

That is pretty much the take I got from reading prior reviews. Lenovorola took just about all the things that made the Moto G such a neat device and did away with them. Now it's just an econo-phablet. And not even all that "econo," to boot.

What a shame
    Other than the size, what was taken away that made the moto g great?
    Ry likes this.
    07-12-2016 08:45 AM
    I don't get the sense that anything is missing from the phone. Granted, I had it for just a few hours to play with before my wife took over - she doesn't know it doesn't have NFC and if I tell her in 3 months she'll likely be surprised (doesn't use android pay, etc) - other than that, what features are missing? This seems to be the best G by a long ways from what I can tell. Best performing, best camera, decent screen, battery life seemed solid, software is obviously good... the only weak point seems to be the processor, and there's no discernible lag, etc in my experience with it.
    07-12-2016 09:50 AM
    Other than the size, what was taken away that made the moto g great?
    From the reviews I've read: Prior "G"s were made of better materials. Current ones just "plain old" plastic. One reviewer noted the buttons didn't quite rattle, but were discernibly loose, as compared to earlier versions. Back is no longer curved. May seem minor: But a textured, curved back is a great aid to maintaining grip. It lost its IPX7 water resistance. (Tho it's still nano-coated and splash-resistant, like my 1st Gen.) And, as you note: The size.

We'll have to see, once a sufficient number get in circulation, here in the U.S., but I suspect I'll be taking a pass on this one. Right now I'm holding out hope for the smaller of the two new Nexus devices that are in the pipe.
    07-12-2016 10:01 AM
    I don't get the sense that anything is missing from the phone. Granted, I had it for just a few hours to play with before my wife took over - she doesn't know it doesn't have NFC and if I tell her in 3 months she'll likely be surprised (doesn't use android pay, etc) - other than that, what features are missing? This seems to be the best G by a long ways from what I can tell. Best performing, best camera, decent screen, battery life seemed solid, software is obviously good... the only weak point seems to be the processor, and there's no discernible lag, etc in my experience with it.
    I have been reading it likes to over heat? Any issues with heat with the CPU while taking photos or playing games/video ect?
    07-12-2016 10:05 AM
    I have been reading it likes to over heat? Any issues with heat with the CPU while taking photos or playing games/video ect?
    I did get some heat while taking photos, very minor near the power button. That's after taking a LOT of photos, trying to get a feel for how good it can do. I didn't do much video recording but what I did failed to produce any more heat than the still shots with the camera was producing. Neither my wife or I play any GPU intensive games, Two Dots is about the extent of what the phone will get for gaming so I can't comment on that one. We did watch a bunch of YouTube videos on it last night, no abnormal heat there. It actually handled YouTube very well.
    cgardnervt and huntnyc like this.
    07-12-2016 10:09 AM
    I did get some heat while taking photos, very minor near the power button. That's after taking a LOT of photos, trying to get a feel for how good it can do. I didn't do much video recording but what I did failed to produce any more heat than the still shots with the camera was producing. Neither my wife or I play any GPU intensive games, Two Dots is about the extent of what the phone will get for gaming so I can't comment on that one. We did watch a bunch of YouTube videos on it last night, no abnormal heat there. It actually handled YouTube very well.
    Great! We don't game either. I was reading reviews from the India model that had some issues with photos and video. Maybe in the US model its been fix. Either way I'm excited to get it up and running. The wife just mainly uses it for web, text/messaging and photos here and there. Sounds like a good replacement over the first gen Moto G.

Thanks for the quick reply!
    07-12-2016 11:18 AM
    Phonearena has posted a OP3 vs moto g4+

huntnyc likes this.
    07-12-2016 05:02 PM
    07-12-2016 05:33 PM
    07-12-2016 05:33 PM
    I agree with them on several points, the obvious ones like RAM and processor are obvious, I didn't know people were praising the OP3 for audio, so that's a new thing to think about.

The screens are meh difference. Moto used better screen tech but OP3 colors we know are just between the G5 and 6P on accuracy with the sRGB update and we don't know how accurate the Moto G4 Plus is yet. The camera I disagree on.

The OP3 camera falls behind the 6P while the Moto G4 Plus was rated equal to it by DXOMark. The examples they used in the video seem to indicate the G4 Plus is better than the OP3 on the camera front, but... they've probably used both phones far more than I have, so I may just have to defer on that point.

The not using the FPS as a home button thing is sorta a good point, but for the wrong reasons and it's something that OP3 does wrong too. The real reason is, "Daniel-san, must talk. Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later, [makes squish gesture] get squish just like grape. Here, karate, same thing. Either you karate do "yes" or karate do "no." You karate do "guess so," [makes squish gesture], just like grape. Understand?" - Not because a FPS should be a home button.

Overall I'd say the OP3 is definitely worth the extra $100.
    07-12-2016 05:38 PM
    It seems Vlad's main complaint was that the G4 is extremely laggy. Now that its in the wild, what are you folks who have the phone's opinion of this? Does this phone perform that poorly?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-13-2016 09:24 AM
39 12