For me, yes. We don't need more large phones. It may be a good phone, but it is not in the spirit of the Moto G.
    Old Stoneface and mrsmumbles like this.
    07-01-2016 12:08 PM
    Well it is a phone designed to sell to the majority of people ... When the Moto g originally came out, the standard size is a lot smaller... Now a days, I see a lot more people with 5" plus phones. A 4.5" Android phone today in the $200-300 range would not be typical.
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-01-2016 05:21 PM
    Yes, but, as I noted in the Nexus Marlin thread: It may be people are tiring of phablets. Looks like Google may think so, because the leaked specs for the new Nexus phones indicate they'll be 5" and 5-1/2" models, rather than 5-1/2" and 6".

Personally: I think around 5" is the sweet spot. My 4-1/2" 2013 G is super-convenient, size-wise, but my wife's 2015 G's screen is just enough easier to read, and that extra 1/2" in size in the hand and pocket is only marginally more. But, even though I have large hands, that 5" phone is on the edge of being one-handed-handy. And I can see how, in pants with smaller pockets, a 5-1/2" phone, not-to-mention larger, could become a problem when sitting down. (I carry in a front pocket.)

So, yes: For the G series: I think 5-1/2" is too large. It's one of the reasons I'm currently intending to hold off on a purchase.
    07-02-2016 08:08 AM
    Every Moto phone has grown. It's very much in the spirit of the previous Moto Gs.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    07-03-2016 11:35 PM
    Every Moto phone has grown. It's very much in the spirit of the previous Moto Gs.
    By that reasoning, Ry, the next Gs should be 6". Then 6-1/2". Then...
    07-04-2016 08:08 AM
    By that reasoning, Ry, the next Gs should be 6". Then 6-1/2". Then...
    Sure.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    tadpoles likes this.
    07-04-2016 09:49 AM
    I'm reminded of the Mini automobile. It was small and basic, and phenomenally successful. The present Mini, though it may be a very good car, is neither small nor basic, and bears almost no resemblance to its predecessor, beyond some superficial styling and the same name.

For me, an up-to-5" G-type with improved innards and specs would have been of great interest.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-04-2016 06:42 PM
    For me I guess the real question is...What small phone options to they have? Moto E even though the specs are questionable for many folks?
    07-12-2016 08:18 AM
    For me I guess the real question is...What small phone options to they have? Moto E even though the specs are questionable for many folks?
    Depends upon carrier and requirements.

Personally: I'm waiting for the next Nexus'. The smaller one is expected to be 5".
    07-13-2016 07:07 AM
    Depends upon carrier and requirements.

Personally: I'm waiting for the next Nexus'. The smaller one is expected to be 5".
    I have heard about this device. Will it have the same hardware as the bigger version or lesser? I'm sure its all rumors at this point but I was wondering what people think. I'm open to a smaller phone.

How small of a device screen size would be perfect?
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    07-13-2016 07:30 AM
    I have heard about this device. Will it have the same hardware as the bigger version or lesser? I'm sure its all rumors at this point but I was wondering what people think. I'm open to a smaller phone.

Leaks so far suggest identical internals. I personally think 5.0 is a little small, I think the 5x is about as small as I could go.
    cgardnervt likes this.
    07-13-2016 07:49 AM
    I have heard about this device. Will it have the same hardware as the bigger version or lesser?
    Rumour has it the smaller and larger Nexus' will have identical hardware, save the screens.

For my purposes: 5 inches.

Leaks so far suggest identical internals. I personally think 5.0 is a little small, I think the 5x is about as small as I could go.
    You're talking a difference of 0.2" Two tenths of an inch. 5mm.
    07-13-2016 10:27 AM
    Rumour has it the smaller and larger Nexus' will have identical hardware, save the screens.

For my purposes: 5 inches.

You're talking a difference of 0.2" Two tenths of an inch. 5mm.
    Yeah I used a calculator and figured that out. My thumbs are too fat on the keyboard on the 5x sometimes so I worry anything smaller would be worse.
    07-13-2016 10:30 AM
    To me 5.5 is the sweet spot. 5.7-6.0 is great for gaming and multimedia. IMO unless you have small hands 5.0 is just too small. 5.5 is still one hand for most and just a tiny bit smaller than a phablet.
    08-26-2016 10:25 PM
    Newbie here.. but went from a G3 to a G4+. No way I would do without a fingerprint scanner again. As far as size, the advantages outweigh the small inconvenience of finding a place to put it when on the go. It still fits in my front jeans pocket, in a pinch.
    I like more real estate mainly for photography. And overall, it is just easier to read. My wife has a 5.7" LG phone which is what sold me on a larger screen. 5.5" just meets that criteria with minimal hassle when it comes to all around use.
    08-29-2016 12:30 PM
    No, not for me. I had a Gen 2 Moto G for two years and it was great. But the additional 1/2" on this phone is just enough to reduce the eye strain on my old tired eyes. And I have no trouble carrying it in my pockets. I wear shorts 99% of the time and they all have the tech pocket which accommodates this phone nicely. On the rare occasion when I wear long pants I only have it in my pocket when I am upright and walking. When I sit, I remove it and place it on the desk, console or end table. So it isn't a problem.
    09-03-2016 10:09 AM
    upgraded from the 5 inch moto G³. I can see that for some people the G⁴ might be too big... but as for me, after over a month of using it daily, I love the size and for now on would want 5.5 inch screens... maybe 6 at the most, but 5.5 might just very well be my sweet spot. It's kinda like a baby tablet. I find myself not picking up my iPad as often.
    09-04-2016 07:15 PM
    I really like the size. It could be a little bit bigger actually.
    09-04-2016 08:16 PM
    Coming from a 4.7 inch Nexus 4, I had thought that 5.5 may be too big for me. But I went to a retail store, held a Moto G4 Plus, and it felt surprisingly comfortable in my hand. It fits nicely in my pants's pocket.

I try other 5+ phones, many of them are either too long and tip over my hand, or too wide to grasp. The width to length ratio of the Moto G4 Plus is just right in my hand.
    09-06-2016 09:52 AM
    My 1st Gen. Moto G started acting wonky, a couple weeks ago, forcing me into making a move before I was ready. Despite the regrettable lack of Band 12, VoLTE and WiFi calling support: The $145 price tag on a 3rd Gen. 16GB Moto G made it pretty no-brainer.

This is a 5" device. I've been carrying it for about two weeks. I can now say, definitively, that, for me, 5" is as big a phone as I ever want.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-04-2016 07:04 AM
    I love the moto g 3rd gen. That's still a great phone and amazing battery life. You got a great deal for the 16/2 model. I payed about a hundred more when I bought it a year ago. I hope you enjoy it.
    Old Stoneface likes this.
    10-04-2016 12:28 PM
    I wish this phone came in a 5" model. Or even smaller. I have strained muscles in my hand from gripping it almost all day (I put my old sim card into this new phone yesterday and the only time I put it down was to charge it). So, I'm having fun setting it up but my elbow, wrist, and hand are really aching. I wish they had made it smaller. Now I'm actually thinking I might get the 2016 Moto G3 just for a more comfortable experience.
    10-05-2016 01:38 AM
    For me, it's not. 5.5 is perfectly
    10-05-2016 01:57 AM
    I have gotten used to 5.5-6" phones, so no, I don't think it too big. It really is a lot of phone for the $.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-12-2016 07:25 PM
    This phone just keeps growing on me. The horsepower is tremendous, but I do have moments when the phone will get a little jumpy. It's not enough to give up on this phone. I have almost the same quality experience as my OnePlus One and with microSD support, which for me has become a deal breaker. I'm really happy with this phone.

ETA: When I said I might like to get the 2016 Moto G 3, I meant in addition to, not in place of. I am really happy I got this phone.
    10-12-2016 11:20 PM