Factory reset Android 6.0.1 Moto G4plus

joser2g

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
After disabling the Google app in my brand new moto G4plus its gets stuck on the moto logo.
I can access the bootloader by pressing VolDown and Power, but the so called Factory Mode does nothing.
Can anyone help?
Thanks!

joser2g

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Did you root your phone? Can you get into recovery mode from the bootloader menu?

Hi Javier,

My device is not rooted

Recovery mode behaves like factory mode, which is getting stuck in the Moto logo while starting

Any suggestions?

Best

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'll get in touch with the moderators and see if they can move your thread to the G4 plus forum, where it'll be easier getting feedback from other owners.

One question, can you get past the 'no command' screen with the robot lying down?

I don't have this model but with other Moto devices you couldn't disable or uninstall the Google app unless you get root access. The stock launcher was Google Now and some features were included in the Google app. Let me check with other owners.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't have this model but with other Moto devices you couldn't disable or uninstall the Google app unless you get root access. The stock launcher was Google Now and some features were included in the Google app. Let me check with other owners.

This was my understanding as well... the Google App is in a protected space along with a few other system services and the disable function was disabled. And even if it was, I believe that flag gets cleared on a factory reset.

How did the OP disable the Google App?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If you are getting stuck getting into Recovery:

1. Ensure the device is powered off, and unplugged
2. Press and hold the Volume Down button and Power button (located on the right edge of the device) for approximately 3 seconds then release.
3. From the "Boot Mode Selection Menu" screen, select Recovery.

Note: Use the Volume Down button to scroll through the menu options and the Volume Up button to select.

4. From the "No Command" screen (Android figure lying on his back), press and hold the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
5. Select the function you wish to perform

Note: Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.

6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This was my understanding as well... the Google App is in a protected space along with a few other system services and the disable function was disabled. And even if it was, I believe that flag gets cleared on a factory reset.

How did the OP disable the Google App?
It depends... On my s7 edge, I tried to disable it and other things worked fine. Of course, moto could use a more integrated version.

joser2g

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
One question, can you get past the 'no command' screen with the robot lying down?

I can not get pass the no command screen with the robot laying down :(

I was able to simply uninstall updates and after disable the Google app

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It depends... On my s7 edge, I tried to disable it and other things worked fine. Of course, moto could use a more integrated version.
Yeah, with Samsung you have TW as the stock launcher. Moto devices come with Google Now as the default and only launcher installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37