Wow, this phone is wow

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I really like the fingerprint scanner. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it. But after using it for a few days I really think it makes sense how they integrated it. Better than a home button. If it had NFC it would be a perfect budget smartphone.

geekeedee

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
When shopping for a new budget to mid-range phone, my short list narrowed to the Nexux 5x and Moto G4 Plus. Nexus is a good phone on specs, and I had a Nexus 4 before. Specs and reviews for both are similar, and both are available UNLOCKED. I finally pick the Moto G4 because 1) it is slightly bigger (5.5 vs 5.2) but still comfortable to hold, 2) the fingerprint scanner is IN FRONT (Nexus 5x has it behind), and 3) it has a built-in FM radio (Nexus lines never have a radio).

Believe it or not, I like the fingerprint sensor in FRONT at the bottom. My thumb falls naturally on it when I hold the phone. I program my Moto to recognize both my thumb and index fingers. When laying flat face up on the table, I can unlock the Moto with my index finger to do a quick check without having to lift up the phone (which I cannot do with the Nexus 5x).

I like to listen to FM radio. It is a must-have feature for me. I like to listen to "random" music on random local stations when I am tired of listening to my stored playlists. I like to listen to local news, local traffic, local events, local emergencies on my breaks. I like to listen to a FM radio without eating up my cellular data, not Internet radio apps. Moto G4 Plus has a built-in out of the box FM radio which I really like it.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
All in all, I agree that it's over all nicer than the G³, tho I prefer the curved back of the G³ (feels so nice in one hand) and I prefer the back grip of the G³. Also the G³ with its waterproofing made the backplate lock in nice and secure. the G⁴plus's back plate comes off a little too easy... but it doesn't matter with my hybrid shock case anyway.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
The screen would become unresponsive at times. But just a few times in the last two weeks when I would pull on the notification shade it would stick and start to flicker. Then on Friday it shut off and never turned back on.

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The screen would become unresponsive at times. But just a few times in the last two weeks when I would pull on the notification shade it would stick and start to flicker. Then on Friday it shut off and never turned back on.

Thank you for sharing. Pretty spooky that it did that. Hopefully this doesn't become a trend.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am interested in picking up one of these because of the good reviews and the price is so low. It'd be nice to have to try different ROMs and such. $300 for nearly pure Android, 4GB RAM, 64GB+ storage, 3k mAh battery pushing 1920*1280. Sounds pretty good.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I am interested in picking up one of these because of the good reviews and the price is so low. It'd be nice to have to try different ROMs and such. $300 for nearly pure Android, 4GB RAM, 64GB+ storage, 3k mAh battery pushing 1920*1280. Sounds pretty good.
Well I got it at Microcenter. The last thing I needed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumythgrewal