Please help! Elementary data problem!

TheZillionthSue

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
I had a Moto G LTE before, and to switch on and off data was really easy. I switched off data when at home or elsewhere with a WiFi connection, and only used data when there was no WiFi available.

I now have a Moto G4 Plus and there does not seem to be any way to do this.

If I go to settings, then data usage, then mobile data, then the Sim, there is a little flower or cog icon in the place where I used to turn data on and off. However if I turn this off so it is greyed out, it says "Sim Slot 1 disabled", and I don't then seem to be able to send texts or phone.

I thought perhaps the phone was automatically connecting to wifi if there was wifi available, and overriding data, but I have just received a message from my (new) provider saying that I have already used up 60% of my data for this month - and I have a 4 GB allowance !!!!

I have looked in the manual, looked online, and I can't find anything at all to throw light on this. Please can anybody help? I'm in the UK and my provider is iD. Thanks!

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
To turn off data, swipe down to quick settings (two fingers - or a swipe and another swipe) and press on the triangle with your carrier below it, in my case, BT, and in there at the top there will be a switch for mobile data.

Attachments

• 71231.jpg
    71231.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21