A question fueled by ignorance:

XDA doesn't seem to have much interest in our XT1644 flavor.

Is there a simple reason for this or is it random thing?

ps- IBM ad is annoyingly pervasive.
    09-12-2016 09:25 AM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean? You are aware this is Android Central NOT XDA Developers right? That being said upon a google search I was able to very quickly find an XDA thread on the XT1644 variant.

Possible in general with all the Samsungs, the Moto Z, even the new iPhone, that maybe the Moto G just isn't that popular? It's a fine phone but even for those on a budget there are some more glamorous choices, One Plus Three, Axon 7, etc
    09-12-2016 09:53 AM
    You are aware this is Android Central NOT XDA Developers right?
    You are aware this was a question, right?
    Hold the snark, Don't be a dork.
    Thanks for your opinion.
    09-13-2016 07:30 AM
    Okay, maybe we should cool off before things get too hot.
    09-13-2016 09:47 AM
    I saw there isn't much in the development section on XDA. Something else I noticed was they usually split up Original and Android development as separate sections, and in the Moto G4+, they lumped it all together. I am not sure if this is a new format (as in trying to save some screen space). Other forums seem to be set up the same (at least the Note 7 was too).

I am somewhat surprised that there isn't more interest in this device as it is relatively inexpensive, should be available to more people that can benefit from Mods, ROMs, etc.

Perhaps some of the more prominent developers are giving up on the phone or Moto in general?
    Javier P and ElronTheElder like this.
    09-13-2016 09:58 AM
    Maybe I WAS a little snarky. I'll definitely try to be a little more careful in the future. No offense was intended! I just did not want to actually post the XDA thread since we are at AC, and I felt a little funny about it, but it should come right up for you with a google search. No hard feelings! Apologies!
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    09-13-2016 10:59 AM
    The XT1644 is US only and most devs there are not from the US.
    ElronTheElder likes this.
    09-28-2016 02:31 PM