Well, I'm not sure what the fingerprint sensor is for. I've discovered that any of my fingers can unlock my phone if I touch the square button.

So, it doesn't even need the fingerprint I made. Am I doing something wrong? Please tell me why all of my fingers work when I only added one fingerprint to the phone. TIA
    10-13-2016 07:43 PM
    How long is the interval set for Automatic Lock (i.e, the time between when the screen goes to sleep and when the phone requires the user to use their fingerprint or PIN to unlock the phone again)? If the interval is long, then it may be that any finger touch on the scanner is the same as pressing the Power button -- anything will wake the screen up again, and since the automatic lock timeout hasn't been surpassed, there's no need for the security unlock method.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-13-2016 11:09 PM
    Thank you, B. Diddy! I had it set for 30 minutes until sleep, when I first started using the phone, but yesterday or before, I changed it to 2 minutes.
    10-14-2016 06:27 PM
    Ok, so is the problem still happening after the screen's been off for more than 2 minutes, or are you saying that you changed the interval to 2 minutes now and it's properly unlocking with only your saved fingerprints?
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-15-2016 02:28 AM
    Ok, so is the problem still happening after the screen's been off for more than 2 minutes, or are you saying that you changed the interval to 2 minutes now and it's properly unlocking with only your saved fingerprints?
    It's working now! I don't know what could have changed, but now it's working the way it should. If I use different fingers now it brings up the pin screen (numerical view), or if I use my fingerprint finger, that unlocks the screen out of sleep. I'm so glad and relieved. I didn't want to live with that issue. . Thank you again, B. Diddy!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-15-2016 06:21 AM
    If you changed the interval between screen off and lock from 30 minutes to 2 minutes, then I think what happened is that before, you were trying to unlock the phone within that 30 minute interval. Since the phone wasn't technically locked, then any touch to the fingerprint sensor was turning on the phone and bringing you to the homescreen, since a secure unlock wasn't needed. When you changed it to 2 minutes, it was more likely that you were trying to turn the phone on again after that lock interval had expired, meaning that the secure fingerprint unlock was active again.
    tadpoles and mrsmumbles like this.
    10-15-2016 12:27 PM
    Thank you, B.! I hope it keeps working as it should.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-16-2016 10:15 PM