A month ago I moved from a Droid RAZR Maxx to the Moto G4 Plus. I've been using Chomp as my default SMS/MMS app for years and love it. since moving Chomp to the G4 Plus (fresh install) text delivery has gone from virtually immediate to sometimes up to an hour.

While the delay seems to affect texts longer in length, that is not always the case.

I'm trying to figure out what the cause might be. the delivery delay seems to only have affected texting which is why I am wondering if it might be something related to Chomp.

Nothing else of any significance has changed except the phone.
    10-28-2016 03:05 PM
    A month ago I moved from a Droid RAZR Maxx to the Moto G4 Plus. I've been using Chomp as my default SMS/MMS app for years and love it. since moving Chomp to the G4 Plus (fresh install) text delivery has gone from virtually immediate to sometimes up to an hour.

While the delay seems to affect texts longer in length, that is not always the case.

I'm trying to figure out what the cause might be. the delivery delay seems to only have affected texting which is why I am wondering if it might be something related to Chomp.

Nothing else of any significance has changed except the phone.
    Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Chomp? It can't hurt, I don't think. And wiping the cache partition? (I still have never done that on any of my phones - I'm a total coward lol).
    10-28-2016 06:19 PM
    Uninstalling then re-installing Chomp was the first thing I did. Have also cleared the cache numerous times since all this began
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    10-29-2016 06:45 AM
    Did you install any new apps around the same time as Chomp?

Are you a Sprint customer? Chomp might require something or have an identifier number or something that your service provider might not resolve well when you use it.
    10-30-2016 10:12 AM
    No, am with Verizon. As I said... no other changes of significance except changing the phone itself. I reinstalled fresh copies of all my apps from play store. Everything including Chomp worked perfectly on the previous phone. On the G4 Plus everything EXCEPT Chomp works fine. On the G4 Plus, delivery of my Chomp SMS texts are now sometimes delayed for up to an hour. There is no pattern to this behavior.
    10-31-2016 07:27 AM