Need help quick to decide between g4 plus and x pure

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, I need ur help to try to make my final decision. I placed an order for both phones, one for me and one for my wife but I'm having 2nd thoughts on my x pure as I know the g4 plus has a 4gb ram vs 3 on the pure, plus the finger print on the g4 plus.

Also, the g4 plus will definitely get the os upgrade to 7.0, did a quick search and it looks like the x pure will get one too but I wonder if the g4 plus will get more upgrades been a 2016 model.

Need to point out that the phones I'm getting are unloked. Need to decide as soon as I can, price difference is just $40.

A bit about me, I use it for heavy Web browsing, lots of Google maps, no gaming, photos and videos.

Concern also in battry life.

ThanKS for any help.

iOS Gravity

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'd get the Moto X Pure. Its seems like a much better phone, but I am not sure if you should expect an update to Android O next year. The display quality, and the camera seem to better as well. They're comparable phones, but its up to you whether or not you want a fingerprint sensor or not.

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
I'd get the Moto X Pure. Its seems like a much better phone, but I am not sure if you should expect an update to Android O next year. The display quality, and the camera seem to better as well. They're comparable phones, but its up to you whether or not you want a fingerprint sensor or not.

Thanks for your feedback, the fingerprint is not really a deal breaker for me, i have a Samsung s3 and i use pattern and doesn't bother me at all but it would be a nice option though.

I thimk i realized since i posted this is more about updates and battery life but coming from the s3 im sure the x pure ir g4 would be a lot better. Reason I want to upgrade is to use it with Google Android auto.

Think I'm going to keep the x for me and the g4 for my wife, that way we can test 2 different phones and when it's time for another phone i would know better what i really want.

I'm almost positive the x won't see more than 7.0 but fir the use I'll give the unit it shouldn't be any problem.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I never thought I'd use a fingerprint sensor, much less like it. But here I am, wondering how I ever lived without it. It's instant, instead of drawing a pattern or always having to type in a pin. When I use my tap-to-wake OnePlus One with a pin, I thought it couldn't get more efficient, but it really does. Camera looks pretty good (I like to zoom in on a photo to see the clarity or lack thereof in the background of a photo, and so far so good). I don't use the camera much myself.

I purchased the 4gb RAM and 64 GB ROM, it's a definite step up from my original 2013 Nexus 5. The microSD card is a deal breaker for me, and it has that. Except for nfc and user replaceable battery, there's nothing else that the g4+ is missing. Maybe loud speaker phone - I haven't tested that yet. But I can hear who I'm talking to on calls just fine. Not sure what else could be an issue on the phone.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Oh, the size. I'd want a 5" max on screen size because I really wanted the smaller form factor. Oh well. I don't talk for hours to anyone and if I set the phone down more often, it helps with battery life lol. :D

Wellcraft26

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for replying, ended up going with the x that way we can try two different phones and next time i know probably better what to go with. I dont talk much either, but browse a lot and use the goigle maps quite a bit.
I have never seen the phone in person but if ia like the Samsung note it's big and it will grow as I'm going to get the OtterBox as i need the ruggest case i can get as i work outdoors. My brother in law has the note with the OtterBox and i always thought its way to big but i guess im going to have to get use to as it needs the best protection.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I bought a tpu case for it which I might put on it after I get one of my new micro SD cards. Not sure whether to use the 128 or the 64 GB. I guess I can try the larger one out. Thankfully I waited for the black Friday sale, I don't know if they knocked a few more dollars off the price for cyber Monday.

I keep thinking I shouldn't go without a case but the extra size it will be is kind of daunting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835