Trying to install microSD card

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey, all. So, I'm having a senior moment (hour) and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I inserted the card properly and the phone says the card is mounted.

But I cannot see/find where it indicates the card is. I can use a file manager to see my files, but when I select "copy", the only choices I get to copy are on the same internal storage. Just copying duplicate files into additional folders I created.

How can I copy the files onto the card, instead of on the internal storage???

Please help! Thank you for reading.

parth00790

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
try using es file explorer from play store.
confirm that you have granted permissions to app for SD card assess . to check this go to specific app settings and permissions and anable storage sd option

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Hey, all. So, I'm having a senior moment (hour) and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I inserted the card properly and the phone says the card is mounted.

But I cannot see/find where it indicates the card is. I can use a file manager to see my files, but when I select "copy", the only choices I get to copy are on the same internal storage. Just copying duplicate files into additional folders I created.

How can I copy the files onto the card, instead of on the internal storage???

Please help! Thank you for reading.

Are you using the sd card as portable or internal storage ?
I think this link might be of help to you -
https://motorola-global-portal.cust...prod_answer_detail/a_id/110628/p/30,6720,9687

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use mine as Internal storage .
That is a really good feature, especially if you don't collect a lot of media files.

I'm using ES File Explorer which seems more understandable than Total Commander. But I really want the two directories open to view, as in Total Commander. This is the most confusing way I have found to date, as to how to use the card.

And ES File Explorer took a wrong turn somewhere but it has succumbed to uselessness even worse than Tapatalk.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
That is a really good feature, especially if you don't collect a lot of media files.

I'm using ES File Explorer which seems more understandable than Total Commander. But I really want the two directories open to view, as in Total Commander. This is the most confusing way I have found to date, as to how to use the card.

And ES File Explorer took a wrong turn somewhere but it has succumbed to uselessness even worse than Tapatalk.

I use File Manager by ZenUI Asus .It is simple and has a lot of features.You can try it out. Solid Explorer gives two panels side by side.
I do have quite a few photos but I back them up so it's fine for me till now.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use File Manager by ZenUI Asus .It is simple and has a lot of features.You can try it out. Solid Explorer gives two panels side by side.
I do have quite a few photos but I back them up so it's fine for me till now.
Thank you, I'll try that. :)

parth00790

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
es explorer has more functionallity then any file ex. multiple windows , root access and lots of more . once you will start using it you will find simple and easy also