Hey, all. So, I'm having a senior moment (hour) and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I inserted the card properly and the phone says the card is mounted.

But I cannot see/find where it indicates the card is. I can use a file manager to see my files, but when I select "copy", the only choices I get to copy are on the same internal storage. Just copying duplicate files into additional folders I created.

How can I copy the files onto the card, instead of on the internal storage???

Please help! Thank you for reading.
    01-15-2017 02:12 PM
    try using es file explorer from play store.
    confirm that you have granted permissions to app for SD card assess . to check this go to specific app settings and permissions and anable storage sd option
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-16-2017 03:14 AM
    Hey, all. So, I'm having a senior moment (hour) and I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I inserted the card properly and the phone says the card is mounted.

But I cannot see/find where it indicates the card is. I can use a file manager to see my files, but when I select "copy", the only choices I get to copy are on the same internal storage. Just copying duplicate files into additional folders I created.

How can I copy the files onto the card, instead of on the internal storage???

Please help! Thank you for reading.
    Are you using the sd card as portable or internal storage ?
    I think this link might be of help to you -
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9687
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-16-2017 06:23 AM
    Are you using the sd card as portable or internal storage ?
    I think this link might be of help to you -
    https://motorola-global-portal.custh...p/30,6720,9687
    Portable storage. Now, I'm not sure what I tapped to get files on the card, but at least I got some on there. Thank you for your reply!
    Rinsun likes this.
    01-16-2017 09:58 AM
    Portable storage. Now, I'm not sure what I tapped to get files on the card, but at least I got some on there. Thank you for your reply!
    I use mine as Internal storage .
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-16-2017 10:45 AM
    I use mine as Internal storage .
    That is a really good feature, especially if you don't collect a lot of media files.

I'm using ES File Explorer which seems more understandable than Total Commander. But I really want the two directories open to view, as in Total Commander. This is the most confusing way I have found to date, as to how to use the card.

And ES File Explorer took a wrong turn somewhere but it has succumbed to uselessness even worse than Tapatalk.
    Rinsun likes this.
    01-16-2017 01:11 PM
    That is a really good feature, especially if you don't collect a lot of media files.

I'm using ES File Explorer which seems more understandable than Total Commander. But I really want the two directories open to view, as in Total Commander. This is the most confusing way I have found to date, as to how to use the card.

And ES File Explorer took a wrong turn somewhere but it has succumbed to uselessness even worse than Tapatalk.
    I use File Manager by ZenUI Asus .It is simple and has a lot of features.You can try it out. Solid Explorer gives two panels side by side.
    I do have quite a few photos but I back them up so it's fine for me till now.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-16-2017 06:59 PM
    I use File Manager by ZenUI Asus .It is simple and has a lot of features.You can try it out. Solid Explorer gives two panels side by side.
    I do have quite a few photos but I back them up so it's fine for me till now.
    Thank you, I'll try that.
    Rinsun likes this.
    01-16-2017 07:10 PM
    Thank you, I'll try that.
    By the way , I had tried out the trial version of Solid Explorer and then paid to unlock all the features.
    File Manager by ZenUI is free .
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-16-2017 08:14 PM
    es explorer has more functionallity then any file ex. multiple windows , root access and lots of more . once you will start using it you will find simple and easy also
    01-17-2017 07:33 AM
    es explorer has more functionallity then any file ex. multiple windows , root access and lots of more . once you will start using it you will find simple and easy also
    I don't require root access now , though Solid Explorer too has it.
    01-17-2017 10:55 AM