G⁴ Plus XT1644 Repair Report

cupofcloud

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to share my experience with sending in my G⁴ Plus for repairs.

About 2 weeks ago I noticed my USB charge port was bad. If I wanted to continue to charge it I would have hold the cord a certain way.

My phone was purchased (gf bought it for me) on Amazon and is still under warranty. I called customer service and they pointed me to where to fill out a form online. Went on the Motorola site to fill out repair form. Oddly enough, the preselected hardware issues one has to select on their form didn't include broken charge port. So I selected the one for battery not holding a charge, under power issues. Moto sent an email including the free FedEx shipping label and directions of what I need to send.

I sent it on Friday to their center in Texas, and had a replacement by Tuesday. My guess is that instead of working on the device and sending it back, they just sent another phone immediately after receiving this one. I could track the status of the repair process, but when I checked the status for the first time on Monday, it said that ticket was already closed and they sent a replacement.

Anyway, quick easy service, but be careful when charging, not sure of I had a bad device or if moto G⁴s have poor quality ports.

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Also, thank you for using the correct name, though I don't know how you typed it. I speak as an LG G4 user. :)

sbs8331

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Coincidentally, I had the same issue with the USB port a couple of months ago and returned the device. I was told to take off and keep the battery cover. I received a replacement in good working order, with a battery cover, so now I have an extra cover. My only issue is that the process took a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I had an old Galaxy S5 to use in the meantime.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
Coincidentally, I had the same issue with the USB port a couple of months ago and returned the device. I was told to take off and keep the battery cover. I received a replacement in good working order, with a battery cover, so now I have an extra cover. My only issue is that the process took a couple of weeks. Fortunately, I had an old Galaxy S5 to use in the meantime.

My G4 Plus would not switch on last month.I was also told to remove the back cover and keep it with me.They changed the motherboard and returned the phone to me within 3 days without the back cover of course.After setting it up from scratch I saw that the original red and black default wallpaper had changed to the pink Nougat wallpaper.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34