I keep getting these weird http: statements with news apps, such as CNN, AOL, Huffington Post as well within AC. Instead if showing the link inbed line, it shows up like:

"I thought it was a glitch or error on iHeart's part, but they've <a href="https://help.iheart.com/hc/en-us/articles/229182088-Requirements-for-using-iHeartRadio-for-Android">updated their website</a> to state it's now incompatible with <b>all</b> G4 series phones (Play, normal, and Plus). The only solution is to sideload the APK from elsewhere.*"

I was looking up whether iHeartRadio was working yet. See how the links are typed out, but aren't highlighted to select as a link.

What is causing this behavior, and what can I do about it?
    07-04-2017 06:17 AM
    What browser are you using?

Does this happen to all links on all sites you visit, or just some links/some sites?

If just some, do you have javascript disabled in browser settings? Try enabling it and see if it changes the anything (be sure to refresh the page you were visiting).
    tube517 likes this.
    07-04-2017 07:58 AM
    I use Chrome as my primary browser. Just check, JavaScript us allowed.
    07-04-2017 03:43 PM
    I use Chrome also (and Ghostery sometimes too).

Send me the link to a bad site and I will check to see if I see the same thing you do.
    07-04-2017 04:26 PM
    I may have solved the problem. Webview helps to display these things, and must be after the last Factory Reset, I forgot to install Webview. This G4S+ is my first foray into a non-VZW device. My experience has always been with a carrier device, so things like Carrier settings and Webview were already installed and updated automatically. I have to install, update, and enable some things. I wonder what else I may be missing, lol.

My prior Factory Resets were because I was constantly turning my ringer off and missing calls. I just did (another) Factory Reset, and I forgot to activate the System UI so I could turn off the Do Not Disturb settings to adjust via the Volume Buttons. I may just go back to a carrier phone. At least iheartradio would be working!!!
    07-05-2017 08:38 PM
    Let me clarify. The links are within the 'apps' of CNN, Huffington Post etc. Just did the Factory Reset, and it still displays the same way. I updated Carrier settings, Webview. Never had this issue on my LG G3 (really missing tap on/off, lol). In addition I am getting hieroglyphics like symbols from time to time when selecting a contact within the standard messaging or even Verizon's Message+ (they will display in front of the name, but the name/number shows correctly). This hieroglyphics also display from time to time when I chose the long press to bring up the copy/paste menu. Sometimes the menu displays hieroglyphics, sometimes not. Weird.
    07-06-2017 02:26 PM
    Well, the saga continues. I went to the Playstore to download Android System Webview. Instead of INSTALL, it said ENABLE. Puzzling. I tapped on ENABLE a couple of times, and I noticed that UPDATE would ever so briefly appear underneath. By tapping a couple of times, it started to download, the notification bar stating downloading Webview, and that it eventually installed Webview. Now if I go back to the Playstore, it still says ENABLE. In addition, when I go into settings Apps, and display system files, it has ENABLE and FORCESTOP greyed out. So, apparently I am not updating Webview and get those typed out web links, versus displaying the the actual link. I have screen shots, but can not figure out how to inbed into AC. Anyone?
    07-06-2017 09:22 PM
    If you care, read this thread. I googled G4S Webview (should of before, but did not know it would be this deep). I can't paste in AC or insert a picture within this new Quick Reply. it stated it is working as directed, Chrome now inbeds Webview within itself in Android N. it stated to activate Developer Options and you can view Webview options (nothing exciting there). So perhaps these apps, CNN, Huffington Post have not been able to implement correctly. I will keep plugging away, and will post if I discovered any results. I am going to report to Huffington Post, as they seem to respond to issues (that's how I learned about their dependency on Webview in the first place).
    07-06-2017 09:39 PM
    I am curious about this and will continue to follow your thread.

FWIW, I installed the CNN app and went to several articles with embedded links, all of which displayed properly.

PS: I am *not* using a Moto G4, but a Google Pixel XL running the current Android O Beta release.
    07-07-2017 09:22 AM
    Just compared a friend's Galaxy S7 and the same article in Huffington Post. The same weird typing out of the http:. I sent a app report to HP, but they had major layoffs recently! lol. So probably no one around to care about trivial things.
    07-16-2017 10:33 AM