Heating Up Phone

A

AC Question

I have been using the Moto G4 Plus since last year. I lost the original charger six months ago, which was of 2.8 amp & 25w & charged the phone to 100% in just 90 mins. Then I ordered another one with the same specifications, which also took the same time as the original one, but that too stopped working after 3 months of purchase. Again, I ordered another one of the same 2.8 amp but of a different brand. I am still happily using it. It takes 2–3 hours in general & 3–4 hours on some days to fully charge the phone, which is surprising. On searching properly, I realized that the original one supports quick charge 2.0 technology, which my current charger lacks despite being of 2.8 amp & thus charges the phone slowly, but then took a sigh of relief after realizing the fact that quick chargers reduce the battery life. So I am happy with the one I have. It’s made in India. My problem/query since beginning is that the phone heats up at times. Earlier, It heated up during charging as my 1st charger was a quick one but it still happens with the new normal-speed charger. It has also heated up at times while using the camera & when the battery is at or below 30% since beginning. The person at the service center has once re-installed the software & even done something with the battery so that the phone doesn’t heat up again when I took the phone there for a second time. He also said that the issue might be with the motherboard. I have also noticed that when the phone charges slower than the usual time, I have changed the plug & it has got back to normal charging time. So, it might be due to power fluctuation. Should I have my battery changed or this behaviour of the phone is normal? Even the battery drains in 8-10 hours at times. My usage is normal. I never play games & hardly play lengthy videos. Please help me out. Thanks.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I also have the battery drain issue now and the phone getting too hot sometimes. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe if I could replace the battery it would be ok but I don't know where to find a replacement battery. Maybe a repair shop could help, but I really don't know. If it were up to me I'd change all my batteries and have much better performance and use of my phones.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
It's too bad that only the g5 has a user changeable battery. I'd love to buy a flagship phone but they keep not making the hardware user friendly. The battery is projected to die at some point after the 2nd year. Obviously I want the same hardware features I've been living with with the g4+, as well as the replaceable battery, and that brings me only to the g5 which has been out for a long time now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463