Help with unknown T letter icon

Paultx

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The icon is a big T letter that seems to have almost the same height of the notification bar. It has serifs and looks a bit like Times New Roman.

I can't remember exactly if it started to appear after I took TIM as my carrier, and nothing happens if I long press on it.

I removed the SIM card from TIM but the icon is still there. Any ideas? TIA.

Paultx

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The icon is a big T letter that seems to have almost the same height of the notification bar.

Screenshot_20190606-163058_cut.png

I think it began to appear after I started to have TIM as my carrier, but I'm not sure. I know for sure it wasn't there with my previous carrier. I removed the SIM card from TIM and the icon is still there.

Nothing happens if I long press on it and I couldn't find any app it could relate to.

Any ideas? TIA.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You're probably right, because that's the default place for the carrier name or logo. (You can't press things on the notification bar, they're for notifications only. If you pull it down, I don't think you'll see "Connected to the TIM network".)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if my response seemed to ask an obvious question, but it's because I merged duplicate threads, and I think my response was in a thread that didn't have the screenshot.

So when you swipe down the notification panel, that doesn't actually show up in there? I'd agree with Rukbat's reply above.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888