Moto G4 a good buy?

Darwin Watterson

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
It's for my mother....
I am deciding between the Honor 5x, Moto G 2015 and Moto G4.

I asked about the others but the G4 is the newest phone and it seems cool but I hear a LOT of issues with it.
Also is this phone a phone that has good reception for calls (Att) and a good speakerphone?

She mainly texts, calls, and social networks and takes pictures.

But the overheating issue and the ghost touch troubles me from what I've read.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Only the Moto G4 Plus with 64 GB storage and 4 GB RAM is on my recommended list, the other three models are not.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Moto G4 on the fly after my HTC M9's USB/charging port messed up. So far, I'm impressed with it for it being a budget phone. I haven't had any of the said heating issue. I'm on AT&T and reception hasn't been a problem. The battery life on this thing awesome. I'm probably gonna keep it for a daily driver since it seems to be doing a good job of accommodating my needs.

frankenhooker

Nov 14, 2013
Visit site
After misplacing my HTC M8 after one too many beers I picked up the G4 to tide me over until I could decide on something 'better'. Obviously I came from a handset with superb build quality and it took me a while to adjust to the G4, that's not to say the quality is poor, it feels solid, if not a bit rubbery. The screen is a lot warmer than my M8, although I'm not sure that's a bad thing, there certainly seems to be less eye strain.

The performance is fantastic for a phone that cost me £160. I've experienced no lag, apps open instantly, despite an earlier comment the call quality is fine and barring the initial reinstallation of apps I've noticed no overheating. I'm getting at least 6 hours screen on time with moderate use.

Overall I'm really impressed, I'm still looking at other phones but I'm more than happy to continue using the G4, for £160 it's a steal.