Android 7 upgrade

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm wondering the same thing, I am patiently waiting for Android 7 aka Nougat to show up so I can install it on my Moto G4
I have the unlocked version without the Amazon ads... I think we even have the unlocked bootloader as well... We should receive the upgrade first I assume.

s.pearce88

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
Actually Android N has been pushed as beta to some other manufacturers lome ZTE and Samsung both have a beta program you can sign up for if you wanna beta test it

maclancer

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Do you have Nougat yet? I too have the unlocked G4 and as of today it has not been pushed to me.
Not yet... I guess we will have to wait and see if they push it in February. Motorola is not the same one that we used to enjoy latest upgrade.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure when I bought mine Q4 2016 was mentioned...
I wouldn't mind but it's near vanilla! Really lets them down.

Wallie21

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
I just posted about my G4 not having an update still, wondering which other phones (like sammy and HTC) have the upgrade already. I also purchased mine on Amazon and I am surprised to see that I still (almost in March now) don't have the update. Thought these Moto's were supposed to be a "quicker to update" phone.

Krolt

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
When my 2014 X only ever got 1 update I said I would never buy Moto again, then I bought the G4+ and it's even worse! Lots of phone for the money but nearly stock Android and they leave it until the G5 is coming out?
Go figure.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Just read the G4/G4 Plus is getting the 7.0 update. Gsmarena has an article about it. Guess it rolling out to Republic wireless as a soak and then expect to the rest very quickly.

Rinsun

Trusted Member
Oct 7, 2016
Visit site
My Moto G4 is this very minute downloading the Nougat update here in the U.K.! Hurrah!

What is your OS version after the upgrade ? What security patch ?
I got 7.0 after the upgrade in December with Nov security patch in India on my Moto G4 Plus. The Dec security patch arrived in January.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy