migrated photos and videos lost timestamp

donutwithit

Jun 11, 2017
Visit site
Hello, I apologize if this is not the right forum or if I did anything wrong, but I am in a bit of a panic here and I'd like to try to get help as soon as possible. I recently moved all my photos and videos from my Gallery app (that was preinstalled when I got the phone) to my SD card I have plugged in the slot. However, after the migration all the timestamps are wrong and have changed to the date moved instead of created. I'm really panicking here as I don't know what to do and I really hope that it's another one of those things where I have to "suck it up and deal with it." I have searched online for an answer with no helpful results, but I have found someone on the Windows Central forums with the exact same problem as I.
://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8-1/316532-restored-photos-have-lost-creation-date.html
I am having the same problem with the photos in the Camera folder all retaining the original date, but my videos and all the photos in my other folders have all been changed to the date they were moved.
I did see the answer provided to the person in the link but it would not help me in this case, because my computer does not work at the moment and I did not backup or copy my photos and videos anywhere else prior to moving them. They have always been on my phone.
Does anyone know how to fix this? I once again apologize if this is the wrong place to post this, and would greatly appreciate it if I could be pointed in the right direction if that is the case. Thank you in advance.