How can I unlock my Moto G phone?

adamgilcrist

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Hello guys! Last Sunday, I have created the password on my phone. But this time, I have forgot the newly generate password and presently I can’t use my phone. Anyone who know about this, please share how can I recover phone password or unlock it without losing data.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, but you typically can't recover a password -- it wouldn't be a very good security measure if you could. On some phones, you might get a prompt to enter your Google account information after a certain number of failed unlock attempts (but then again, some phones will also do a complete wipe after a certain number of failed attempts).

adamgilcrist

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for replying on my post. I think there is only one solution to resolve my problem. Need to go service center and they will unlock my phone. Am I Right?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, I don't think a service center can retrieve your password either. They will probably just do a factory reset. Is there any way for you to remember the password, or was it one of those randomly generated ones?

adamgilcrist

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
I done all things related to reset the password. I asked from local mobile repair center and they told me that it is the only one solution, reset your phone. I am very tensed, because there are many important documents in my phone. If delete files, then I can lose all data.

adamgilcrist

Nov 29, 2017
Visit site
No one suggested anything working. Finally I reset my phone. I am very sad, because the entire important documents flushed out from my phone.

koves

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Next time, you should use a password generator / manager. Saved me so many times when I have forgotten one of my passwords or user names.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No one suggested anything working. Finally I reset my phone. I am very sad, because the entire important documents flushed out from my phone.

Sorry to hear that!:( As suggested by @koves, a password manager like Lastpass would be a good idea. Or make a habit of writing down your passwords on a piece of paper and keep it somewhere secure, like a safe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The problem is that you would've had to implement the solution before your problem occurred -- that is, make sure your password was recorded somewhere secure, in case you forgot it. Our suggestions were for the future, to prevent this problem from happening again -- hopefully it helps then!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay