Hi there, my name is Daniel and I am the Managing Editor here at Android Central. But in my spare time I like to review phones.

I have one of the new Moto G5 Plus units that will be sold beginning March 31 in the U.S., and I'd love to answer a few questions you have about this phone.

To review, the phone has a 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display, either 2GB or 4GB of RAM depending on the model, as well as a choice of 32GB or 64GB of storage. It has a 12MP rear camera sensor with large pixels and fast autofocus, a 3,000mAh battery, and it runs on a Snapdragon 625 platform. It also runs Android 7.0 Nougat with support for Moto Display, and Google Assistant out of the box.

Questions? Comments? Let's get to it!
    03-24-2017 08:21 AM
    How long have you had it? Have you had a chance to put it through it's paces on battery and camera? Does it feel pretty durable to you? My kids (4 & 7) end up getting a lot of Moto G devices because of the price. Is the 625 still a pretty awesome little system?
    03-24-2017 08:32 AM
    How long have you had it? Have you had a chance to put it through it's paces on battery and camera? Does it feel pretty durable to you? My kids (4 & 7) end up getting a lot of Moto G devices because of the price. Is the 625 still a pretty awesome little system?
    Hey, I've had it for about a week, and the battery has been pretty good — not Moto Z Play good, but all-day plus a little more. The Snapdragon 625 is still as resourceful and dependable as ever, and I haven't noticed any slowdowns, though I am using the more expensive 4GB model. The camera is good, though not *that* much better than its predecessor's despite the larger sensor.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-24-2017 11:45 AM
    Camera samples please.
    Aquila likes this.
    03-24-2017 11:47 AM
    Camera samples please.
    Coming in the review
    Ry and Aquila like this.
    03-24-2017 04:00 PM
    Does it give you first/second gen Moto X flashbacks?
    03-24-2017 04:25 PM
    I have to.he Indian version of the Moto g5 plus 4gb 32 GB Version . I have a problem where the video calls especially with Facebook messenger / Viber / what'sapp seems to be too low to be properly audible. YouTube with speaker out seems fine though. Any idea how to fix this ?
    03-25-2017 02:56 AM
    Does the US version come with dual sim? and is the SD card slot separated or is it using one of sim card slots (hybrid)?
    Thanks
    03-25-2017 05:00 AM
    VOLTE, HD Voice, Wifi calling on Verizon?
    03-27-2017 11:42 AM
    Does the US version come with dual sim? and is the SD card slot separated or is it using one of sim card slots (hybrid)?
    Thanks
    It's not a hybrid SIM slot — there's a single slot for SIM and for microSD.
    03-27-2017 01:37 PM
    VOLTE, HD Voice, Wifi calling on Verizon?
    Not as far as I can tell, but I didn't use it on Verizon. I don't think the software has been optimized for Verizon's network, though.
    03-27-2017 01:38 PM
    Not as far as I can tell, but I didn't use it on Verizon. I don't think the software has been optimized for Verizon's network, though.
    Send it over to me and I'll check.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-28-2017 12:59 PM
    Send it over to me and I'll check.
    Word is Best Buy is willing to sell them ahead of the Friday street date. Of course it highly depends on the specific store. Worth a try.

I have T-Mo and I'm 99.9% sure Wifi calling doesn't work. Shame, pass.
    03-28-2017 06:25 PM
    My 1st day with the G5 back from a iPhone so far so good unlocked running on cricket got tired of the big 3 controlling me , purchased at best buy
    03-30-2017 05:22 PM
    FWIW, as far as Verizon and this phone goes, the G4 Plus worked with no problems on VoLTE on Verizon (but not wifi calling). I have a hard time believing that the G5 won't at least work with Verizon's VoLTE.
    04-03-2017 12:17 PM
    Noticed a bug on my G4 since it upgraded to Nougat and am wondering if the G5 has the same issue. Enable Bluetooth and then turn off the phone. Then turn phone on again. Is Bluetooth still enabled?
    04-09-2017 09:12 PM
    How badly does the camera bump protrude from the back? That is, does the phone require a case just to be set down on a table? Does the phone require a case just to protect the camera bump from getting scratched? I've usually run my phones naked, but the bump has me considering needing a case just to not mess up the camera. Thanks!
    04-13-2017 08:28 AM
    Hi!

That's a great idea for a thread!

I had a Moto G4 Plus for a couple of days but had to return it because it became pretty hot by doing very mundane tasks (like updating apps from the Google Play). Searching around the Web, it seems that was a problem that many users faced.

Did you get any heating issues?

Thanks!
    04-13-2017 11:47 AM
    Hi!

That's a great idea for a thread!

I had a Moto G4 Plus for a couple of days but had to return it because it became pretty hot by doing very mundane tasks (like updating apps from the Google Play). Searching around the Web, it seems that was a problem that many users faced.

Did you get any heating issues?

Thanks!
    No hearing issues after setting up then a Verizon update to fix VoLTE issues and then paying adding more apps and using it.. Just forgot to take lots of pictures to before I plugged it up. Battery seems fine during that time.. Time will tell when my son starts using it regularly
    dlalonde likes this.
    04-25-2017 03:39 PM
    I would not use this phone without a case as the circle does protrude and I would fear it getting damaged to easily.
    05-05-2017 07:50 AM