There are lots of interesting reviews out there. Most of them mention how certain aspects compare to G4 Plus. Which makes perfect sense, but it's utterly useless to me.

Can someone comment from experience on how Moto G5 Plus compares to Moto G3 in terms of battery life, audio quality on speaker / wired headphones / bluetooth, and camera performance?

I like the idea of SD625 but actually my G3 works fine and I usually have 30% battery left at the end of the day, though it varies of course. (Also I occasionally miss the compass.)
    03-31-2017 12:07 PM
    Depends on what you do with your phone. If you only listen to music, browse the web, etc then no reason to upgrade.
    Camera is definitely improved from G3 to G5 but is the upgrade significant enough to upgrade? Depends on how important camera quality is to you, it may be worth upgrading if you take a lot of pictures.
    Battery life is only slightly better, not worthy of upgrade.
    If you like to play intensive 3D games on your phone, then SD625 chipset is massive improvement over SD410 in G3.
    aaopt likes this.
    04-13-2017 12:51 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you, thinking of upgrading from a G3 to G5 Plus. I was able to find this comparison:

Motorola Moto G (3rd gen) vs. Motorola Moto G5 Plus - GSMArena.com
    04-19-2017 08:48 AM
    That only addressees the technical specifications differences.

Personally, they had such a winner with the G3 I don't know why they didn't just improve the internals and keep everything else the same. E.g.: One complaint I've seen of the G5 is the fake metal back and fake chrome trim. The former making it harder to hold and the latter scratching easily.

Seriously, Lenovorola: This is not a flagship device. No need to try to make it more than it is. Never mind that fake chrome always looks like just what it is: Fake chrome.

The lightly-textured back on my G3 is one of its most attractive features, in my view. If I buy one of these it'll be getting a thin case ordered with it. First time I'll ever have put a Moto G in a case.

The only reason I'm even considering this device is the B12 and WiFi calling support. Otherwise I'd just keep my G3.
    aaopt likes this.
    04-19-2017 09:09 AM