Are you happy with your G5 Plus?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone verify whether the Verizon 4GB/64GB version allows tethering?
What about the Amazon Prime exclusive pricing version? (Same version, but has ads...)

At the moment I'm running a Nexus 5X on a Verizon prepaid plan and tethering is allowed and working. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work with the G5 Plus if it's allowed by the carrier.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
An FYI. I purchased the 64gb 4gb Moto from Best Buy and they honored the price match of Amazons $239.99.

Wow. That seems odd. That price is for the ad supported version only. Thanks for the info though. I just bought the regular 4GB/64GB version from Amazon.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My guess is that someone at Best Buy didn't read the Amazon listing correctly and therefore didn't realize price was for the ad supported version. The regular or non-ad supported version is still $299.00, which still a good value in my opinion.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and so far I am impressed. It's a lot of phone for $300.00. It's fast, screen is decent. I read some reviews saying it was bad in sunlight but it seemed ok to me. So far I'm satisfied.

Last edited:

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
It sounds fine to me. I have used my Bose QC 35's in Bluetooth and wired mode and have been happy. I also have a pair of Rocketfish BT headphones that sound good with the G5. I use Poweramp as a player and just add a dash of eq to make it sound the way I like to hear it.
I was having an issue with the audio skipping but increasing the buffer size in Poweramp took care of that.

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I was happy with everything but the screen. A little too dim outdoors for me. I was able to sell the G5 Plus and found a Mate 9 for a decent price locally. So long G5 Plus.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I was happy with everything but the screen. A little too dim outdoors for me. I was able to sell the G5 Plus and found a Mate 9 for a decent price locally. So long G5 Plus.
The outdoor visibility is getting annoying to me too. It won't be long before this phone becomes my in between flagship phone.

Hubb1e

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
The outdoor visibility is getting annoying to me too. It won't be long before this phone becomes my in between flagship phone.

This is the Achilles heel of the G5 plus. I am happy with everything else about the phone, but the screen is very difficult to see in direct sun, and even in shade outdoors on a sunny day the screen is pretty dim. After being pleasantly surprised how much I liked the G5 Plus after my S6, this is the one thing that will cause me to upgrade once I find a phone that suits me.

frozentundra1

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
I am not very happy with my Moto G5 Plus. In many ways I preferred my Moto G3.

My G5 Plus has more software glitches, especially with Google Now and Assistant.
It doesn't seem significantly faster than my Moto 3 in my typical mundane use.
The camera doesn't seem to process images well in interesting or contrasting light conditions.
As others noted, the screen is hard to see outside.
The battery life isn't nearly what I expected.

Last, but certainly not least, my G5 Plus has significantly poorer Cellular Signal and mobile data signal that any other smartphone I've ever used. I frequent remote locations in my rural area. I count on my phone as an emergency communication device in case someone should be injured. No phone I've had in the last 6 years has been this ineffective in this regard; on the same network, in exactly the same locations. It works well enough that I can't argue it's defective, however.

Perhaps I've got a lemon here, but I'm quite disappointed with my purchase. Couldn't recommend.

By contrast, I thought the Moto G3 was a generally wonderful phone, except for the nonexistent security updates.

MobileNick

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if you did get a lemon in this case. Mine has been smoother and with more battery life than any other Android I have had before this (LG G4, Note 4, LG G2, etc).

Is yours the 2GB or 4GB version?

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if you did get a lemon in this case. Mine has been smoother and with more battery life than any other Android I have had before this (LG G4, Note 4, LG G2, etc).

Is yours the 2GB or 4GB version?

Yeah mine has been working pretty good as well. Visibility in direct sunlight is the only real negative I can come up with hardware wise. It's useable but needs to be improved.

Cell signal is slightly better than my Maxx 2 or my Nexus 5X.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield