03-10-2018 12:21 PM
65 123
tools
    I agree on the boot up graphics. At least we can silence the stupid "Hello Moto" sound. 😀
    The whole thing, FLASH cartoon, and heavily accented "Hello Moto" is embarassing. always making me wonder if I bought a phone for 14 year olds.

The Axon 7 is similar: the bootup graphics are awful and seem borrowed from an ancient "Sega Genesis".

The iPhone and Samsung bootups are modern and elegant and never embarrassing.
    06-04-2017 07:13 PM
    My friend has this to say about Samsung 7: It's made for stupid(er) people. It asks me questions for things that my Motorola simply assumed based on past behavior. Samsung had this thing called TouchWiz that messes with the nearly perfect GUI that Android already is...and unfortunately makes it less usable. No you don't need to ask me which wifi hotspot every time I come home. No you don't need to ask me which Bluetooth every time I get into my car or try to connect you with my headphones. No you don't need to notify me of every stupid little thing (without putting it as an option in notification settings). The stock keyboard is ****.
    06-04-2017 08:39 PM
    Generally I think this phone is fantastic minus the camera in low light. I'm using the 4:3 mode with the back camera usually and the typical smartphone problems come up with lighting and what have you, but it's also coming from an HTC M7 so go figure. The front camera was ok. A little blurry, but may have been my drunk hands. I noticed that there was a bit of a purple tint in some of my low light pictures and that was certainly not my drunk hands so I'll have to look into that.

If you're worried about speed, it's quite snappy, and definitely do not worry about the battery because oh my goodness that thing is fantastic. Bless it's heart because I wouldn't have been able to survive without a battery pack with all the directions I looked up on my trip in Asia.
    07-10-2017 02:12 AM
    Does the g5 plus run warm? I have a g4 and while it's not the oven that the X Pure 2015 it is hot if playing Angry Birds...

My daughter got this 5 plus on Prime day (the special with ads) and so far it's good. I'm amazed the 5p with 5.2 screen is the same physical size as my g4...
    07-15-2017 10:04 PM
    Does the g5 plus run warm? I have a g4 and while it's not the oven that the X Pure 2015 it is hot if playing Angry Birds...

My daughter got this 5 plus on Prime day (the special with ads) and so far it's good. I'm amazed the 5p with 5.2 screen is the same physical size as my g4...
    What do you mean by that last sentence?
    07-23-2017 03:58 PM
    The g4 I have is 5.5 inches. DD's g5p is 5.2. the two phones are very similar in size. You'd think 5.2 vs 5.5 would be noticeable. I know 5.7 to 5.5 is, big time. I switched from a MXPE 2015 to the g4.

In other words I expected the g5p to be smaller.
    07-23-2017 10:36 PM
    I was so impressed with the regular g5 that I bought as my daughter's first phone that after I dropped my dtek60 I went out and bought the g5 plus with out hesitation. the price to repair my flakey dtek60 was almost the same as the cost of the g5 plus. Personally I don't need the razamataz, bells and whistles that dtek offered but I was a dedicated BB fan boy.
    08-03-2017 04:34 PM
    Hi! I am visiting the G5 Plus forum for the first time.
    My new G5 Plus arrived yesterday.I bought it on a Flipkart sale with an additional price reduction as I exchanged an old 1 GB ram phone and I also got another 10% off from my bank card. It is 24 hours that I am using it after setting it up and I am quite liking it.I have a G4 Plus which my son will be using.Also I am more comfortable with the size than I was with the G4Plus.
    The phone case and screen guard is yet to arrive though.
    benjamminh likes this.
    08-12-2017 04:10 AM
    I love my Moto g5 plus, glad I got the 64gb.
    2 thing don't like about it: 1. Yes hard to see when out in the sun.
    2.I bout this phone also because of the using a SD card, using a Gigastone 64gb card. Moto said twice that card is corrupt, luckily I back up the phone, so I let Moto do the format, and put stuff back in. See what if it will happen again.
    Fast phone, cell phone signal good too!
    Clear listening, and talking!
    Enjoy you all!
    08-17-2017 01:36 AM
    I have the Moto G5 plus and it's the best out there for the price.

PROS:
    • Good battery life
    • Excelent fingerprint scanner
    • Fast

CONS:
    • Camera is average
    09-19-2017 11:12 PM
    I've honestly been blown away by the G5+'s performance. I've actually compared it side by side with a Galaxy S8+ and it was as fast, if not faster in general use and multitasking than the S8+ - and seemed to have better RAM management too.

As everyone said, the camera is the one detractor for the phone. But, at the same time, it's not horrible. I think it's main problem is that it doesn't have optical image stabilization so everything comes out just the slightest bit blurry.

The battery life is phenomenal compared to similar size phones, I don't really have any qualms about the build. It's a little thick, but nothing really noticeable, and the inclusion of a micro-SD slot is a great feature too.

The display...it's not a Samsung display, obviously. Nothing is, really. But I'd say it's as good if not better than the other non-Samsung displays I've used.

If you want pure (or close to pure) android without paying $650-850 bucks for a Pixel, this is really the phone to get.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    09-25-2017 09:39 PM
    I have had my G5 Plus for a month. I came from the G4 Plus. The camera is great outdoors but leaves a little to be desired indoors. No NFC in the US is kind of a bummer. Micro USB is old school but works fine. The phone is all around nicer than the 4G Plus. If I know the 5.5 inch S model was coming I would have waited to buy.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    09-30-2017 10:51 AM
    The specs all work out to a fabulous deal...

The processor and RAM are competent enough to tackle most tasks yet sip the battery power providing a long life from charge to charge. Near stock Android is a nice plus for me. The size is good for one ha did use, yet not so small that I am wanting for a bigger screen. The camera is ok... Good in well lit environments, poor in bad lighting.

Unfortunately, the build quality is sub par. So you WILL need the warranty. Unfortunately, I have found out first hand that Motorola is derelict of their warranty responsibility. The end result is after 6 months, I have a broken phone and no help from Motorola. Very sad.

Honestly, I wish I could say snap one up, it's a great deal. Unfortunately, if you want a phone that'll work 12 months from now, you need to keep looking.

My 2 cents.
    11-19-2017 07:07 AM
    My friend has this to say about Samsung 7: It's made for stupid(er) people. It asks me questions for things that my Motorola simply assumed based on past behavior. Samsung had this thing called TouchWiz that messes with the nearly perfect GUI that Android already is...and unfortunately makes it less usable. No you don't need to ask me which wifi hotspot every time I come home. No you don't need to ask me which Bluetooth every time I get into my car or try to connect you with my headphones. No you don't need to notify me of every stupid little thing (without putting it as an option in notification settings). The stock keyboard is ****.
    You're "special". It's not a compliment
    03-04-2018 06:25 AM
    Got the 2/32 Gb version of the Moto G5 plus for my teenage daughter last fall. It's been a fantastic phone for her. She uses the HECK out of it - all kinds of apps running at the same time! And I never hear any complaints about the battery life. It's not the phone for me due to the screen size, camera specs, and no NFC, but the G5+ remains a darn good - and a perfect device for her.
    03-10-2018 12:21 PM
65 123