I've had the G5 Plus for a couple months and loved it, but in the past week I had trouble making calls at times... they just wouldn't go through, and texts occasionally wouldn't send. I thought it was a sim card problem so went to get a new sim card at Verizon. Since then I've been unable to get on the Verizon network. They tried for an hour at the Verizon store with no luck, and basically told me the phone "isn't compatible" even though it was already on their network and working. I did try to activate the sim on another older phone I had 1st and then put it in the G5 but no luck. I even put the sim from my wife's Verizon sim in from her Moto Z play, but no luck at all.
    Please, any ideas?
    05-20-2017 04:57 PM
    What does Verizon say the issue is?
    05-22-2017 11:23 PM
    Their conclusion was that the phone isn't compatible, and I should buy a new phone that is.
    05-23-2017 01:51 AM
    Their conclusion was that the phone isn't compatible, and I should buy a new phone that is.
    That is complete BS. I have a G5 Plus on Verizon and it works perfectly. I didn't contact Verizon about my G5 I just took the sim out of my Nexus 5X and popped it into my G5. You *might* need to to have the sim activated in a Verizon phone then just switch it over. My sim was activated in a Maxx 2 and I can now switch it between my 5X and my G5 anytime I want. It works in either phone.

Getting someone at Verizon that is both knowledgeable and helpful can be a challenge. Someone at Verizon told me my 5X was not compatible and they were obviously way wrong.
    Droid669 likes this.
    05-23-2017 08:02 AM