sometimes for incoming call only ring is coming but no display of incoming number in moto g5 plus

A

AC Question

in moto g5 plus phone sometimes for incoming calls only ring is coming unable to answer call

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain someone is actually trying to call you when this happens? In other words, perhaps it's some other bug that's causing the ringtone to go off.

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain someone is actually trying to call you when this happens? In other words, perhaps it's some other bug that's causing the ringtone to go off.

I don't think you understood the person's question. There is no "display." I have the same issue. Mine also happens on outgoing calls. As soon as I press "send" the screen goes black and then I have to scramble to get the screen back on with the power button so I can respond to prompts. It is not the proximity sensor or display or calp settings. I have already troubleshooted all that. I am checking all the forums. It is a problem but no one has a solution. I have the Amazon ad version of the 5g+

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You may be right about me not understanding -- it would've helped if the OP had given more details.

In your situation, when you press Power after placing the call, the screen does come back on? And when you get a call without the screen coming on, does it come on properly when you press Power so that you can answer the phone?

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes, eventually but it can take 2 or 3 times getting the correct length push, and because the phone is ringing you can't answer it during all that. On an outgoing call from the car you can't tap "speaker phone" so one must fumble with the phone to amswer a call. This is dangerous! If one accidentally dials a call there is no to know it and no way to stop it. I have veen trying "keep screen on" apps but none of them help with this issue.